Request for Proposals – NPOs to implement SBC programme in Northern Cape and North West Province
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
In reference to The Department of Social Development (DSD) request for proposals advert dated October 2015.
Non-profit Organisations (NPOs) to implement Social Behaviour Change Programme for 2015/2016 financial year
The South African National Aids Council Trust (SANAC Trust) on behalf of The National Department of Social Development is hereby calling all interested Non-profit Organisations (NPOs) established and working in the North West Province and Northern Cape Province of South Africa to implement social behaviour change programmes to reduce vulnerabilities to HIV & AIDS among 15 to 24 year old youth.
- The NPO must be registered in terms of the Non-profit Organisations Act, No. 71 of 1997, as amended, and produce the NPO registration Certificate, which will be verified for validity with the NPO directorate within The National Department of Social Development.
- The NPO must originate and be operational in the provinces within which they are applying for funding and have linkage with local NPOs or Home/Community based Care programmes (HCBC).
- The NPO must have extensive experience in the DSD specific HIV & AIDS environment as well as social and behaviour change programmes.
- The NPO must have understanding of and experience in community development, social facilitation and community mobilisation.
- In order to reach all districts and sub-districts in the province, the NPO must be willing to partner with local HCBC to implement the SBC programmes.
- The NPO must facilitate and ensure proper management and monitoring of work delivered by such HCBCs.
- The NPO must have sound financial systems in place that comply with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
- The NPO must have the ability to gather data, compile information and compile reports.
- The NPO must demonstrate the ability to operate in a multi sectoral environment.
- Applications must comply with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) to ensure sound financial management and accounting procedures.
- All applications for funding must be done using the SANAC Trust concept note available on the SANAC Trust website.
- All sections of the applications must be fully and comprehensively completed.
All proposals must be deposited in the tender boxes below on or before 12:00 midday on September 19, 2016. Proposals received after the closing date will not be considered:
Northern Cape: MIMOSA complex, Barkley Road, Homestead, Kimberley, 8301.
North West Province: Provident House, 1st Floor, Sebo Building, University Drive, Mmabatho, 2735.
Enquiries: SANAC Trust Contracts Manager Mr Aziz Shabodien +27 12 748 1005.
SANAC Trust Chief Finance Officer Ms Antoinette Uys +27 12 748 1018.
Please see below the relevant documentation. Proposals to be submitted on the business plan proposal template along with all other documentation.