SANAC LEARNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. This is a learnership opportunity for a young graduate to conduct operational research and monitor the roll-out of programmes coordinated by SANAC for girls and young women The National She Conquers Campaign for Young Women and Girls, is a 3-year coordinated campaign to intensify efforts to enable adolescent girls and young women to reach their potential and maximize their contribution to a democratic South Africa. Research, monitoring and documentation are key elements of this Campaign. The campaign strategy recognizes the importance of providing an evidence-based response which depends on relevant data being collected, collated and used to inform programing throughout the implementation of the campaign.
The graduate will be based at the SANAC secretariat office in Hatfield and will play the pertinent role of ensuring the research and data is collected to provide evidence of a successful roll-out of the national campaign for young women and girls. This will be a great learning opportunity for the intern who will benefit from the expertise, skills and experience held by SANAC secretariat colleagues through a planned mentorship.
Position : Young Women & Girls Operational Research Learnership
Duration : 12 months
Stipend : R5000 per month
- Graduate will familiarise themselves with the entirety of the national girls and young women campaign including DREAMS, the Global Fund Programme for young women and girls and the KfW programme on young women in Buffalo City
- Design and conduct operational research, compile reports and other documents related to the campaign
- Participate in all campaign related activities including mapping of services provided by partners, roll-out of package of services, identify gaps and make recommendations
- Identify training and workshop opportunities to participate in
- South African National
- Between 18-30 years old
- Recently graduated or currently studying towards a degree in Social Sciences, Demography, Public Health, Social Development or related degree
- Research, Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation experience/interest
- Quantitative and qualitative skills (use of statistical software package an added advantage)
- Strong understanding of the social issues faced by South African AGYW
- Willing to travel
Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter motivating eligibility and suitability for the learnership position should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. For more information about the learnership please contact Kerry Mangold email@example.com or 012 748 1034
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, Friday, 16 September 2016.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.