The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Grants Manager
Reporting to : CFO
Job level: D3
Duration: 3 Year contract
Remuneration: R683 111.00
Purpose of the job
To provide support in ensuring the set-up of appropriate systems for effective and efficient management of SANAC grants.
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders to solicit input on grant management process
• Review existing SANAC grant policies to ensure alignment to donor requirements
• Develop SANAC strategy, management and monitoring tools and implementation guidelines for the grants programme
• Develop minimum standards for SANAC grants management systems that will allow improved management and monitoring of funds to grantees
• Ensure compliance to implementation guidelines
• Facilitate the determination, dissemination and monitoring of program targets
• Facilitate and support development of a database of programmes funded through donors
• Capacity building within grantees to ensure compliance to reporting standards and implementation of programme objectives
• Preparation of supporting documentation for meetings as and when required
• Coordinate logistical arrangements for provincial workshops and meetings
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• Post graduate degree in management, business administration, social science, public health or related field
• Proven ability to communicate and interact with high level officials from government agencies, NGOs, international development organisation and private sector
• High degree of organisational skills, initiative and problem solving abilities
• Strong quantitative skills including monitoring and evaluation of HIV programmes
• Ability to synthesize complex concepts and communicate them
• Stakeholder relationship management skills
• Deadline oriented
• Interpersonal skills
• Strategic thinking and management
• Assertiveness and resilience
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 30 September 2016.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.