SANAC LEARNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. This is an internship opportunity for a young graduate to develop skills and knowledge on web design, digital media and content development.
Position: Web/Digital Media Intern
Duration: 6 months
• Assist to provide a consistent and compelling digital presence, with a view to increasing online consultation and engagement.
• Manage the content and functionality of the NSP webpage, interim sites and microsites including developing and evaluating site architecture and navigation, design, copywriting, programming and content
• Set up the e-Newsletter to NSP stakeholders and help to manage community engagement & comments
• Proactively ensure website copy is current and up-do date and manage the web updating process by guiding and assisting content contributions and by preparing and writing copy for web pages.
• Maintain blogs, news, video and user groups and Twitter, Linked-In, YouTube and Facebook (or equivalent) and write copy/tweets and issue regular relevant messages or tweets to maximize social networking success.
• Provide integration of digital media with the web, including developing and producing podcasts, audio/video, photography and digital media.
• Provide regular reports and analysis on web and digital media usage and trends using Google Analytics and on-line sources and advice on future developments and opportunities and the direction of web and digital delivery
• Provide advice and counsel on best practices on web marketing and new media, including email campaigns, online newsletters, search engine optimization/marketing, podcasting and RSS feeds.
• Contribute to the messaging and other marketing and communications plans of the NSP
• Basic knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS and web standards
• Basic knowledge of Google Analytics, Google webmaster tools
• Experience with social media, email and online communication platforms
• Must have previous experience with web, e communications, and other multimedia systems
• Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
• Knowledge of social media monitoring tools & marketing skills
• Passionate about the Internet
• Flexible attitude
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Applications should be accompanied by a cover letter motivating eligibility and suitability for the learnership position should be emailed to email@example.com . Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, Friday, 30 September 2016.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.