SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can advance its effective leadership of the national response.
The South African National Aids Council Trust seeks to appoint a CEO who will play a strategic role in the implementation of its mandate. The CEO is the accounting officer, taking overall accountability for the implementation of organisational strategy, resource mobilization and utilisation, monitoring and evaluation as well as coordinating and maintaining sound relationships with all stakeholders.
Name of Position : Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to : SANAC Board of Trustees
Location : Pretoria
Job level : E2
Duration : 5 Year fixed contract
Purpose of the job
The CEO will account to the Board of Trustees (BoT) for the strategic management of the organization for the achievement of objectives, ensuring that adequate systems and controls are in place and effective coordination of stakeholder relationships.
- Account to the BoT on key strategic management, performance and operations of the organization
- Provide strategic management of the organization in compliance with applicable policies and legislation
- Ensure that policies and strategies are current, remain current and relevant to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Foster a high performance culture across operational areas of the organisation
- Advise and make recommendations to the BoT on policy, strategic and operational matters on an ongoing basis
- Ensure sound corporate governance within all facets of the organisation including effective and reliable risk management and governance systems and processes
- Provide strategic inputs in the budgeting process guided by informed projections of revenues and expenditure, as well as oversee sound financial management and control
- Develop and maintain effective teams and performance management system and processes that enable the organisation to function optimally
- Implement Board decisions and execute specific tasks expeditiously as mandated by the Board
- Develop, foster, maintain and review key and strategic relationships with stakeholders
- Mobilise resources both domestically and internationally to finance the mandate of the organisation
- Oversee operations of the organisation
A highly accomplished individual who has a postgraduate degree in management, public health, social science or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years management experience of which 5 must be on an executive level.
- Strategic thinking and management skills with ability to develop and implement strategies
- Exceptional ability to drive execution and meet deliverables
- Knowledge of performance management including monitoring and evaluation
- Fundraising experience and abilities
- Understanding of applicable legislations
- Experience in stakeholder management, networking and organisation in the health sector
- Diversity management
- Adequate understanding of the NGO sector
- Good communication, negotiation, conceptual and analytical skills
- Planning and problem solving skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Late applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 11 November 2016.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful. The Board reserves the right to make an appointment.
SANAC complies with the Employment Equity Act. SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the cultural diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability assessment.
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.