APPOINTMENT FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO BE PROVIDED TO THE NATIONAL DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH GLOBAL FUND PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT UNIT IN REGARD TO THE PREPARATION FOR THEIR ANNUAL AUDIT
The Global Fund Country Co-ordinating Mechanism (GF CCM) has to provide oversight to Global Fund (GF) grant implementation to ensure that the maximum funds are accessed, that expenditure is according to the work plan and that funds are used effectively and efficiently. As part of the latest GF renewal grant to SA, NDOH has received funds for a variety of HIV and TB programmes. As part of their duties as a Principal Recipient, they have to submit an audit report to the Global Fund within three months of the end of the financial year.
An accountant will be needed to assist the Principal Recipient ( PR) in preparing the PR Grant Programme Financial Statement and then ensuring that all the documents required for audit by the auditors are prepared and are available. This includes providing the auditor with access to all books and records pertaining to the grant as requested by the auditor, including a list of all key PR and SR locations, noting the key documents held at each location. An indicative list of the documents which may be requested by the auditor includes:
- The grant programme financial statements;
- Grant and sub-grant agreements;
- Main supporting schedules to the financial statements including: income and expenditure, assets and liabilities, cash records;
- Interim monthly or quarterly grant activity reports (programmatic as well as financial);
- General ledger, cash book, other important books and records;
- Original supporting documentation to all reported expenditures (invoices, full support for all procurement of health products or other procurements requiring tender procedures, payrolls, bank vouchers, journal vouchers etc.);
- Bank statements/ BAS reports
- Important correspondence between GF and PR, PR and SRs pertaining to grant implementation matters;
- Financial procedures manuals, systems descriptions or any other documentation explaining the processes contributing to the production of reliable financial reports and maintaining internal control;
- Minutes of management meetings;
- Internal audit reports relevant to GF expenditures or any systems, governance or other issue which impinges on GF grants.
Scope of Work
The Grant Programme Financial Statement will be prepared in accordance with the Guidelines for Annual Audits of Global Fund Grant Program Financial Statements and other relevant guidelines. The supporting documents to be prepared in readiness for the auditors.
- Chartered accountant qualification and registration or appropriate alternative with relevant experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience with the development of financial statements with organisations of various sizes.
- Experience in the provision of technical assistance for the development of financial statements.
- Experience in the above in the health sector, preferably HIV and TB.
- Experience in stakeholder management, networking, and organization of policy-level meetings, preferably in the health sector.
- Experience with the preparation of financial statements and reports for Global Fund programmes would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in working with the NDOH GF Programme Management Unit would be an added advantage.
Place of work:
The work will be delivered mostly in Gauteng at the NDOH offices and where necessary the incumbent may be required to sit at the SANAC offices. The costs of travel (accommodation, airfare) will be covered by SANAC. The consultant will report to the Executive Manager: Donor Co-ordination.
The consultant cannot be presently employed by an existing SR or SSR of the GF funded TB programmes.
Please submit your applications by Monday 6 March 2017, please download the bid on below link: