RE: ADVERT- TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NATIONAL CONSULTANT
Appointment of Consultant for completing the National Commitments and Policy Instrument (NCPI) tool for both the Government of South Africa and the Civil Society Sector
II – Scope of work
The measurement tool for the Indicator on Government HIV and AIDS Policies shall be the NCPI questionnaires completed. The NCPI is an integral component of the GAM that aims to measure progress in developing and implementing policies, strategies and laws related to the HIV response by:
- Promoting consultation and dialogue between key stakeholders at the national level, especially government and civil society, to capture their perspectives on the AIDS response.
- Supporting countries in assessing the status of their HIV epidemic and response and identifying barriers, gaps and facilitators to strengthen the response.
- Collecting data on the policy and legal environment related to the AIDS response
- Overall Objective:
Analyze the findings from desk review of NCPI questionnaires administered (Part A – to government officials; Part B – to representatives from civil society organizations and other NGO partners involved in the national AIDS response) and form key informant interviews to determine the NCPI. This consultant will specifically work with part B of the report and also contribute to the compilation of the integrated NCPI report.
- Draft NCPI Report for components administered to the civil society, government departments and relevant Stakeholders and NGO partners.
Management of consultancy: the consultants will work in cooperation with the SANAC National M&E Unit and the UNAIDS Country Office.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of AIDS programmes
- Background in and knowledge of the National HIV/AIDS response
- Knowledge of the Political Declarations on the response to HIV and AIDS
please note that the new closing date is 03 March 2017 @ 11:00