The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : Global Fund Manager
Reporting to : Executive Manager: Donor Coordination
Location : Pretoria (negotiable based on best candidate)
Job level : DU
Duration : 3 Year contract
Purpose of the job
To mobilize, coordinate, influence, monitor and evaluate the use of resources from government, external donors and the private sector for the implementation of the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and to maximize the impact of all investments.
- Develop and manage the Global Fund Country Coordinating Mechanism (GFCCM) according to the rules of SANAC secretariat and the Global Fund (GF)
- Manage capacity building of stakeholders in their understanding of and contribution on the GFCCM
- Organise, coordinate and manage GFCCM meetings
- Develop funding proposals and mobilise maximum resources from the GF and obtain CCM approval
- Lead, coordinate and support as appropriate various GFCCM technical teams
- Manage the mobilisation of resources and consultants to provide technical support to the Oversight Committee and Principal & Sub recipients
- Manage the implementation of programmes to maximise the use of funds raised from the Global Fund
- Identify and resolve barriers to resource mobilisation and utilisation
- Collation and coordination of reports from principal recipients and SANAC to inform decision making.
- Work with NSP Implementation Unit, HIV Advisor and Health Economist to ensure alignment and optimisation of GF funded programmes
- Provide support on regional GF proposals as they relate to SA GF CCM
- Provide support to South African representative for the East and Southern African GF Board
- Development of Communication material on GF funded programmes in SA to be shared with relevant stakeholders
- Manage contracts of technical assistance providers
- Manage relevant expenditure of the Donor Coordination Unit
- Provide support to the broader Donor Coordination Unit and the CEO as requested
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Post graduate degree in Public Health or similar
- At least five years’ experience in working with Global Fund funded projects at a management level of a Principal Recipient in SA
- Extra experience in working with Global Fund funded projects as a Sub Recipient, will be an added advantage.
- At least five years’ experience in programme development
- HIV management and coordination experience
- Experience in programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, preferably HIV/AIDS and TB
- Sound experience in stakeholder management, networking and organisation of policy-level meetings in the health sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analysis and problem solving
- Goal oriented
- Diversity management
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and management
- Assertiveness and resilience
- Computer literate
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 15 May 2017.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.