The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : Global Fund Principal Recipient Capacity Building Coordinator
Reporting to : Executive Manager: Donor Coordination
Location : SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Job level : D2
Duration : 3 Year contract
Purpose of the job
To ensure that all recipients of Global Fund (GF) funding are well trained and able to meet all the Global Fund requirements for optimal effective and efficient programme implementation.
- Lead and support the preparation of supporting documentation for meetings as required.
- Serve as secretariat for all PR Coordination Meetings described above- formulate Agenda, take minutes, provide all administrative duties including filing and document sharing.
- Attend to ad hoc administrative duties as may be required.
- Ensure regular coordination meetings and trainings with all the Principal Recipients are held with maximum attendance.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to develop and maintain key relationships.
- Work closely with the other staff within the Donor Co-ordination Unit and other SANAC Units to ensure a seamless multi-directional flow of information.
- Represent SANAC at meetings upon request.
- Develop a capacity building programme that pro-actively addresses the main focus areas of Global Fund: finances, monitoring and evaluation, implementation, procurement and supply chain, quality assurance of programmes, cost effectiveness, efficiency, dashboards etc.
- Develop Terms of Reference for the technical service providers to implement such training and mentoring programme as well as any other ad hoc Technical Assistance to PRs and SRs.
- Manage the deployment of all technical assistance providers and provide reports to all relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with PRs and SRs to understand their programmes and structures and to pro-actively identify challenges that need to be addressed through the provision of technical support as well as Work closely with GF CCM, GF CCM oversight Committee, LFA, and GF secretariat to gather information in order to inform the programme of technical assistance that will be provided to all PRs and SRs as well as individualized TA to specific PRs or SRs
- Maintain a database of all training, mentoring and technical assistance activities and their outcome/post intervention evaluation evaluate the impact of ongoing training and TA provided
- Maintain a performance database of each PR e.g. management letters, GF rating, disbursements etc.
- Provide reports to the GF CCM and the GF CCM Oversight Committee on interventions, outcomes, evaluations etc.
- Work closely with the various teams in the GF secretariat.
- Contribute to the SANAC quarterly newsletter as required
- Do the necessary work and then formulate recommendations that specifically aim to maximize the funds raised from the Global Fund for programmes in SA
- Work with Technical Experts to develop funding proposals for the unit
- Support the technical work done by the Oversight Committee at every stage including development of concept notes, PR selection, analysis of information from PRs, development of quarterly OC and site visit reports.
- Work with other donors to align GF programmes and build sustainability of investments.
- Develop and implement a work plan that addresses all the duties required
- Implement action plans coming out of the various stakeholder meetings
- Ensure programme implementation is done precisely as per the SA Concept Note.
- Ensure the full timeous implementation of all projects within budget and within agreed standards Manage the contracts with all technical assistance providers to ensure all projects are implemented timeously and to a high quality, tracked and that all administrative details are correct as per SANAC policies;
- Manage performance and reporting to funders of CCM and capacity building activities.
- Manage the expenditure against the budget allocated for this section within the Donor Co-ordination Unit to ensure appropriate, effective and efficient use of all resources;
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Master’s degree in management, business administration, social sciences, public health or other related field.
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with high-level officials from government agencies, NGOs, international development organizations, and the private sector.
- High degree of organizational skills, initiative and exceptional problem-solving abilities needed.
- Computer literate
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to maintain document archives.
- Excellent English (written and oral) fluency required, knowledge of other local languages helpful;
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of donor and government funding mechanisms and processes.
- Knowledge of and experience at different levels with GF funding mechanisms will be an added advantage
- Flexibility to work beyond regular core business hours as needed.
- Ability to travel upon request.
- Valid Code B Drivers’ license
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 15 May 2017.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.