SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : Accounting Clerk
Reporting to : Finance Manager
Location : Pretoria
Job level : B3
Duration : 3 Year Contract
Purpose of the job
To provide accounting and clerical support to the Finance Unit.
- VAT Submissions
- SARS submissions and reconciliations
- Management and reconciliation of accounts
- Travel management account allocations
- Ensure adherence to finance policies and procedures
- Perform cashbook duties as assigned by manager
- Ledger reconciliations
- Cross company cost allocations
- Loading of payments on banking platform
- Vendor accounts reconciliation
- Assist procurement officer on procurement duties
- Provide administrative support to the finance unit and other SANAC unit
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bcom Accounting degree or Accounting Diploma
- Partial completion of ACCA qualification will be advantageous
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Good data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks
- Strong numerical skills
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 31 May 2017.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.