SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation Officer: KwaZulu Natal
Reporting to : Senior M&E Officer
Location : Pietermaritzburg (Office of the Premier, KZN)
Job level : CU
Duration : 1 year contract (renewable up to 3 years)
Purpose of the job
To provide technical support related to the design and implementation of M&E activities for a comprehensive National Strategic Plan (NSP) and Provincial Implementation Plan (PIP) on HIV, STIs and TB response including capacity building in the PCA in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, and reporting (MER). The position will have a dual reporting line, one to SANAC as well as to the Head of KZN Provincial Aids Council.
- Establish a mechanism for data collection and for co-coordinating reporting from the various sectors, government and private to enrich decision making, relevant feedback (impact of strengthening HIV/AIDS and TB programmes and interventions);
- Develop simple data management systems for Provincial AIDS Council (PCA), District AIDS Council (DACs) and Local AIDS Council (LACs) to enable effective tracking of key activities undertaken.
- Develop toolkits and implementation approaches with reporting templates with indicators, and parameters; ensure information is packaged strategically and meet key stakeholder expectations (provincial, national, regional and global)
- Develop M&E plan that captures all key aspects of the PCA’s programs
- Conduct PAC, DACs and LAC data quality assessments and participate in Organisational Capacity Developments based on identified needs in relation to M&E.
- Provide on-going mentorship and guidance to PCAs in implementation of their M&E plans including development of evaluation tools and methods for the different projects/programmes
- Provide information relevant to guiding efficient and effective monitoring and evaluation with regards PACs inputs and outputs.
- Train other staff on monitoring and evaluation and facilitating their involvement in tracking progress of program implementation
- Critically analyse NSP and PIP related data to assess progress for informing programming
- Provide and analyze data as required
- Track M&E progress, and demonstrate impact of an identified project, Programme or policy
- Support the integration of learning from PACs programmes into the strategic direction for NSP Implementation
- Support and/or provide Technical Assistance in the implementation of PCA’s HIV & AIDS strategy and approaches to mainstreaming.
- Support provincial M&E systems related to HIV, TB and STI services
- Must be conversant with and/or willing to learn and adhere to Government protocols and mechanisms for monitoring, evaluation and reporting purposes.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A relevant Degree or Diploma in Public Health and Social Science, Behavioural Sciences,
- Five (5) years’ experience in M&E,
- Proven experience in implementing social development programmes and/or strengthening HIV and TB programmes.
- Conceptual and systems-thinking; ability to implement M&E strategies (framework, indicators, systems and guidelines);
- Knowledge of health information systems and management, systematic collation of data, information packaging (MIS) and stakeholder management (interpretation and collation of feedback, clear outcomes, measures & tools);
- Innovative to leverage IT in optimizing relevant assessments (M&E results), incorporating lessons learned into advisory and support HIV/AIDS priority programmes.
- Advanced skills in computer – Windows, spread sheets, accounting package (Pastel), word processing and procurement systems.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and communities
- Ability to coordinate a multi stakeholder M&E system
- Have a broad understanding of the HIV and AIDS, TB and STIs issues in South Africa.
- Have great communication, writing and reporting skills.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Show initiative and be deadline-driven.
- Have good planning and organisational skills.
- South African citizenship is required.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 31 May 2017.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.