Terms of Reference for the Consultancy
Institutionalisation of CS/Terms of Reference of SANAC Civil Society Forum
The Civil Society Forum is initiating a process towards institutionalisation. This means systems, structures and processes with funds to support their independence and strengthen civil society so that they can contribute to the new NSP.
SANAC would like to appoint a Consultant to:
- Review the current SANAC structures and governance systems literature, reports and explore alternative options for the SANAC Civil Society Forum with the aim to ensure coordination, legitimacy, transparency and accountability
- Review the current relationship between the SANAC Civil Society Forum, its Sectors and its structure and propose adaptations that ensure effectiveness, efficiency and oversight at national and provincial level;
- Review other case studies of the Civil Society Institutionalisations from spheres at a national, provincial and local level. This should include a SWOT analysis on the choice between remaining within the structure or institutionalization.
- Provide a detailed costed options that CSF should explore.
- Information snapshot of current and/or planned objectives and roles and responsibilities of the SANAC governance structures as set out below and the impact that it has on the current CSF.
- Comprehensive SWOT analysis, including a vision for how civil society can best reposition itself and the ways how civil society will pursue its vision.
- An Action Plan
Management of consultancy
The consultants will work in cooperation with the SANAC Governance and Civil Society Unit and the Civil Society Coordinating Committee.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Extensive operational experience (at least 10 years) in the field of governance and civil society.
- Legal background.
- Practical experience in providing technical assistance on governance.
PLEASE FIND BELOW ATTACHMENTS IN RFQ LINK