The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore, recruiting for an Administrator position that exists within the Office of the Executive Manager National Strategic Plan, based at our Pretoria office.
POSITION : ADMINISTRATOR
Location : Pretoria
Job level : BU
Duration : 3 Year contract
- Provide support to Executive Manager NSP, Executive Manager Stakeholder Management and Campaigns and staff within the office of the two offices
- Liaise with managers, institutions, sectors and organisations that work directly with the two departments
- Diary management
- Arrange travel (both local and international)
- Handling enquiries and requests
- Making appointments
- Screening, drafting and replying to emails and letters on behalf of the NSP Executive
- Organisation, prioritisation and management of tasks with regards as per Executive Managers’ requirements
- Follow up on tasks as delegated from time to time
- Prepare presentations
- Liaising with various stakeholders
- Plan and execute all relevant events
- Ensure confidentiality of all information submitted and supplied to the Executive Manager’s office
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Planning, organising and troubleshooting
- Coordinate and compile various information required for purposes of compiling a report for the office
- Assist in producing quality reports for meetings and summits, including the monitoring and reporting of outputs and expenditure
- Manage internal and external correspondence for the unit
- Provide necessary information for various over-sight processes, e.g. auditors
- Manage administration of the following:
- Arrange meetings and book meeting venues for the unit
- Prepare meeting packs, documents for meetings/summits
- Arrange travel both local and international
- Make travel arrangements for delegates
- Take minutes for unit meetings as and when required
- Process invoices and requisitions for the unit
- Ordering of stationery
- Follow-up on actions/delegated assignments especially after meetings
- Maintain a proper filing system for the office
- Liaise with the procurement office to ensure that procurement processes are followed
Qualifications, experience and skills
- A Certificate or a Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent
- Proven relevant working experience
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Have a sense of urgency
- Ability to handle stakeholders with outmost respect and professionalism
- Have telephone etiquette and good writing skills
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Ability to work fast whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Understanding of government processes will be advantageous
- Flexibility to work beyond regular core business hours as and when required.
- Valid Code B Drivers’ license
- South African citizenship is required
This is a three year performance-based contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your CV and copies of your certificates to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 24 November 2017
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and /or SAPS(in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and /or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicants educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.