The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : Executive Manager – Stakeholder Management and Campaigns
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Location : SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration : 3 Year contract
Purpose of the job
To develop and co-ordinate relationships with a range of key SANAC stakeholders
To provide strategic leadership and coordination for the HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) campaigns to promote prevention of HIV/ AIDS, Tuberculosis and STIs transmission.
To manage all contact with stakeholders and running awareness campaigns to help raise awareness of the role of SANAC
To support the delivery of the organisation’s strategy working closely with the Communications Manager, other professional officers across the organisation and Board of Trustees
- To manage and evaluate stakeholder engagement strategies for SANAC in line with the National Strategic Plan.
- To develop and sustain effective engagement with stakeholder audiences including (but not limited to) government, professional health bodies, other health and social care participants, the Civil Society, patient representative groups, local and national authorities
- Ensure effective engagement with national key stakeholders including regular visits, meetings and conference attendance.
- Develop opportunities to communicate SANAC’s role to stakeholder audiences through all aspects of communications, including (but not limited to) meetings, events and conferences, publications, media and online channels.
- Ensure SANAC is represented in key industry national and international forums and decision making processes.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with heads of AIDS Councils and Heads of SANAC in all sectors.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are aware of important country developments.
- Ensure all stakeholder activities are fully evaluated.
- Develop and maintain contacts database showing organisation-wide work with key stakeholder groups.
- Research and prepare appropriate briefing information.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships and agreements.
- Support the delivery of the organisation’s prevention of HIV/ AIDS, Tuberculosis and STI transmission strategy, working closely with the Communications Manager, other professional officers across the organisation and Board members.
- Advocate benefits of working hand in hand with SANAC to external audiences
- Act as a liaison role between SANAC and all senior stakeholders to ensure deliverables meet national needs.
- Mobilise sectors through persuasion to resource and conduct the HCT campaigns for their stakeholders.
- Research and prepare appropriate briefing information for executive management and the BoT in advance of stakeholder meetings, conferences and presentations.
- Promote solutions and benchmarks for disease management.
- Promote and highlight best practice in SANAC within departments and communicate this internally and externally.
- Lead and coordinate HIV Counselling and Testing campaigns to promote HIV/AIDS,TB and STIs prevention and transmission.
- Establish and support the maintenance of national HCT Nerve Centre Task teams.
- Develop a guideline for the structures (HCT Task Teams at various levels of governance).
- Facilitate the establishment and support the maintenance of HCT Nerve Centre Task Teams for coordinating the campaign: 1) Provincial structures 2) Local structures.
- Facilitate the determination, dissemination and monitoring of the HCT campaign’s targets.
- Develop capacity through task execution training of Nerve Centre Task Teams, evaluate the performance of the training task outcomes, target development areas through specific coaching and redirection on training task outcomes.
- Ensure the production of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Develop mass media communications for the campaigns including radio and TV.
- Prepare HCT campaign Monitoring Reports for Plenary.
- Coordinate the logistics for World AIDS Day and World TB Day.
- Organise national HCT sector launches (e.g. financial services industry, Mining sector etc.) for the de-stigmatisation of HIV, to encourage testing and to link people to care.
- Present HCT campaign information on national radio / mass media.
- Support the overall NSP, enhance and reflect the key messages of SANAC.
- Deliver a range of external talks and presentations about SANAC and support SANAC events through attendance and chairing as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master degree in Social Sciences or relevant discipline
- 10 years managerial experience within a government or government-supported organization, 5 of which must be at a senior management level
- Sound understanding of SANAC procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs
- In depth experience working within the South African inter-governmental relations framework
- Experience in working with Civil Society sectors involved in social development programmes
- Experience in working with Civil Society sectors
- Stakeholder management
- Public speaking and mass media communication
- Understanding of South African legislation pertaining to inter-governmental and sector cooperation
- Working understanding of the South African National AIDS Council policy framework
- Understanding of the National Strategic Plan for HIV / AIDS ,TB and STIs
- Ability to communicate in at least 2 South African languages in addition to English
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Attention to detail
- Strategic thinking
- Able to work with diverse cultures and communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including report writing
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with high-level officials from government agencies, NGO’s, international development organisations and the private sector
- High degree of organisational skills, initiative and exceptional problem solving
- Ability to maintain document archives
Applications and copies of certificates should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 29 November 2017.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.