SANAC Secretariat is recruiting a consultant with a solid grasp of HIV issues; good knowledge of the South African context; excellent writing, strong qualitative and quantitative research, monitoring and evaluation and strategic information knowledge and skills; an ability to work with a diverse set of people.
The consultant will report to the SANAC M&E Unit and also work with other partners to conduct the following tasks:
- Participate in weekly meetings to discuss progress and provide a status brief to SANAC;
- Conduct a desk review of relevant documents (i.e. policies, strategies, laws, guidelines, reports etc.) related to the HIV response to show progress to date;
- Review reported data and analyse to show trends including appropriate infographics;
- Develop final report and incorporate all inputs from SANAC;
- Ensure that the report is prepared and submitted within set deadlines
The consultant will have the following qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, and/or a related technical field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the South Africa HIV and TB epidemic and national response, the legislative, and policy environment including the National Strategic Plans on HIV, STIs and TB and SANAC’s mandate
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Public Health, Development Studies, Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, and/or a related technical field and Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV and TB.
- Aptitude for policy, strategic planning, system development and organizational skills, including results orientation.
- Excellent skills in infographics.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in English.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills required to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Mode of Application
- Interested applicants must submit the following;
Please download the bid document on the email below:
The Closing date and time is 05 February 2018 @ 11:00