Terms of Reference for editorial service for Monitoring and Evaluation reports
The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is critical for building a strong reporting to track implementation and progress, inform decision-making and implementation of the HIV, TB and STIs response at all levels in South Africa.
The purpose of this consultancy is to:
1) Edit, copy-edit and proof read the draft Annual national (1) and provincial (9) progress reports and submit a final version ready to be formatted for publication.
Key tasks to be accomplished by the consultant
Edit, copy-edit and proof-reading of draft Annual national and provincial progress reports (approx. 50 pages each including references, graphs):
- Edit, copy-edit and proof-read the draft Annual national and provincial progress reports and submit a final version that will be ready for design and publication. The editing process will include a revision of the current text with graphs to achieve an optimal flow of information and presentation of the findings.
- The editing process might entail substantive re-drafting and synthetizing of parts of the existing text in order to make the report more readable and understandable to non-expert audiences. For this task, the consultant is expected to work closely with respective M&E personnel to ensure validity of statements in the reports.
- Nine edited, copy-edited and proofread provincial progress reports, by 15 March 2018.
- One edited, copy-edited and proofread national progress reports, by 15 March 2018.
- One brief report (not more than 4 pages) with highlights of general observations and recommendations for possible training to enhance writing skills by 30 March 2018.
- Demonstrated experience in communication and editing with advanced university degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Public Policy, Social Sciences, and/or a related technical field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the South Africa HIV and TB epidemic and national response, the legislative, and policy environment including the National Strategic Plans on HIV, STIs and TB and SANAC’s mandate.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Public Health, Development Studies, Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, and/or a related technical field and Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV and TB.
- Good Analytical and report writing and English writing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience of working without supervision, ability to work under pressure, prioritise work and use personal initiative;
- Mode of Application
- Interested applicants must submit the following;
please down load the bid document to apply below:
Closing date for the application is the 5th of February, 2018.