The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. In addition to its core funds SANAC receives project funds from government and donors to implement strategic NSP programmes. We are, therefore, recruiting for a SANAC Project Manager DSD. The position exists within the NSP Implementation Unit based in Pretoria.
Name of Position : Project Manager DSD
Reporting to : Executive Manager NSP Implementation
Level : DU
Duration : TBC
The primary role of the DSD project manager is to manage and ensure the quality and fidelity of the programme through active supervision and mentoring. The project manager will also work with M&E officers in each of the NGOS and each of the provincial and district DSD departments to ensure that quality information is collected to support monitoring and evaluation activities across all outputs.
- Work closely with DSD at national and provincial level to develop and maintain key relationships
- Work closely with the other staff within the NSP Implementation unit and other SANAC units to ensure seamless multi-directional flow of information between the various SANAC structures and internal arrangements
- Represent SANAC at meetings upon request
- Assist with implementation of the NSP performance plan as approved and report as required on implementation issues. Assist managers within the NS unit with project management as required
Ensure that operational tracking and implementation is in place and maintained
- Develop and implement a work plan that addresses all the duties required
- Implement action plans coming out of the various stakeholder meetings- including site visits with implementing partners and management meetings with DSD
- Ensure the full timeous implementation of all projects within budget and within agreed standards of quality
Ensure contractual and financial oversight
- Manage the contracts with contracted organisations to ensure all projects are implemented timeously and to a high quality, tracked and that all administrative details are correct as per SANAC policies
- Manage the expenditure against the budget allocated for this programme within the NSP Implementation Unit to ensure appropriate, effective and efficient use of all resources
Project Implementation and technical support
- Assist with implementation of the NSP performance plan as approved and report as required on implementation issues. Assist managers within the NSPI unit with project management as required
- Provide technical advice and support to stakeholders and team members as required
- Determine and prepare appropriate research, monitoring and evaluation tools as required
- Conduct, analyse and present outcomes and learnings of the programme implementation as required
- Prepare, write and edit programme reports, case studies, business studies, and policy documents.
- Assist with presentation of programme documents
- Support the preparation of supporting documentation for meetings as required
- Prepare reports on the programme
- Prepare communication materials including letters, invitations and PowerPoint presentations
- Masters or post-graduate degree in Health or Social Science or related field
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- 10 years’ experience in managing complex donor-funded projects in a public setting
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior management
- At least 2 years in a project focused on social and behaviour change communication
- Experience requires in practical execution of social and health projects especially community-based projects
- Experience in stakeholder management, coordination and networking, preferably in the health and social sector
- Experience in report and grant writing
- Experience working with young people would be an added advantage
- Valid Driver’s license
- South African citizen
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your Comprehensive CV, ID and certified copies of educational qualifications to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 16 February 2018
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and/or SAPS in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances. SANAC may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.