The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. SANAC is currently recruiting for:
Name of Position : PA to the CEO
Reporting to : CEO
Location : SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Level : CU
Duration : 3 years
Purpose of the job
To provide executive personal assistance and administrational support to the CEO and lend necessary administrational support to other units as and when required.
Document Management & Typing
- Typing of letters, reports and emails
- Effective filing of documents
- Arrange delivery of mail/courier documents
Diary Management & Meeting Coordination
- Effective management of the CEO’s diary
- Schedule meetings on behalf of the CEO
- Ensure there are no clashes or overlaps in the CEO’s diary
- Ensure logistical arrangements are done for meetings (boardroom booking and arrange refreshments)
- Taking minutes
- Follow up on issues emanating from meetings
- Prepare meeting packs for CEO meetings
- Stand in for any of the administrators if they are absent
- Relieve the Receptionist
- Handle enquiries and direct them to relevant people
- Secretarial support to the CEO
- Maintain staff telephone directory
- Conducting research as and when required by the CEO
- Arrange travel for the CEO both locally and international
- Ensure all logistical travel arrangements for the CEO are done on time (i.e., accommodation, flights and car hire)
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Post matric qualification preferably in office administration/frontline/Secretarial
- 3 years or more experience as an Executive PA
- Highly proficient in MS Office
- Interpersonal skills
- Well-spoken and good telephone
- Ability to prioritise work according to urgency and importance
- Ability to take own initiative and work proactively
- Ability to communicate with people at different levels
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent organising and administration skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to multitask
- Time management skills
Applications and copies of certificates should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 24 February 2018.
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.