The Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) region has the world’s highest rate of new HIV infections with 1.1 million new infections every year. 2.6 million young people aged 15-24 are living with HIV in the ESA Region. HIV knowledge levels among young people are below 40%, resulting in high teenage pregnancy rates: by age 17, at least 1 in 5 young women have started childbearing in 6 of the 20 ESA countries. The region alone accounts for 50% increase in deaths amongst adolescents living with HIV globally with young women being disproportionately affected.
A better access to good quality sexual education that fills young people’s knowledge gaps and motivates them to better protect their health is urgently required. Additionally, young people need timely health information and services that are accessible, appropriate and tailor-made to young people’s needs. It was against these alarming figures and urgent need for action to improve young people’s access to health information and services, that in December 2013 twenty countries in the ESA Region endorsed the ESA Ministerial Commitment on Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services for young people (10-24 years).
The ESA Commitment is supported by the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Regional Economic Communities (EAC and SADC), and other international donor agencies contributing to a number of international agendas, including the Sustainable Development Goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) service provider will be responsible to support SANAC in the ESA CSE M&E component. Duties include and not be limited to;
- Develop a multi-sectoral data-integration,harmonisation and reporting framework on CSE for inclusion in and use through the Focus for Impact intelligence system;
- Prepare quarterly and annual data management framework for all specific CSE indicators that include amongst other SDG, NDP, NSP and ESA targets. This will include documenting the data flow cycle, metadata for all relevant data sources, data integration explore data transformation and analytics as well as data demand and use
- Actively participate in Multi-sectoral data interrogation workshops regarding ESA-related data and targets
- Participate in PCA and other meetings to present progress on CSE performance data
- Participate in DoE provincial quarterly reviews and present data on CSE performance based on project indicators data
- Develop knowledge management tools such as and not limited to fact sheet, policy briefs on ESA related topics
- Document learning on success factors and disseminate performance based on project indicators data g. development of case studies
- Development of a metadata catalogue of all available data sets related and applicable to this assignment
- Key Qualifications Include:
- Degree/Advanced Diploma in Public Health (MPH/DPH) or equivalent degree from recognized University or equivalent experience;
- 5-7 years of work experience in multi-sectoral or development projects with government and donor organizations in M&E field;
- Demonstrated experience id development of data management frameworks/ plans and metadata catalogues
- Previous experience of SRH and/or CSE related assignments would be an advantage
- Experience in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other organizations, governmental agencies, public and private sector organizations;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and very good analytical skills and solid experience with Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Office.
- Statistical analysis applications (SPSS, Stata) desired, but not essential.
Quotation can be submitted by Hard Copies or Email to the following Address:
Attention: Ms Beullah Mthombeni
2ND FLOOR, BLOCK E, HATFIELD GARDENS
333 GROSVENOR STREET
EMAIL ADDRESS: Beullah@sanac.org.za
SANAC Trust Reserve the right to appoint a suitable qualified candidate/ a service provider and also reserve the rights to withdraw this request.
Closing date: 12 March 2018 @ 11:00
please download the bid document on the link below to apply: