The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. In addition to its core funds SANAC receives project funds from government and donors to implement strategic NSP programmes.
Position : Traditional Areas HCT Campaign Wave Coordinator
Reporting to : Executive Manager Stakeholder Management and Campaigns
Level : C3
Duration : 1 year contract
A grant was awarded by the National Lotteries Commission for the development and implementation of a HCT demand generation campaign for a one-year period. A critical component of the Demand generation is the implantation of a testing campaign in the traditional areas in partnership with traditional leaders and traditional health practitioners. The Traditional Areas Coordinator will be responsible for supporting, enabling and delivering the objectives of the HCT Demand Generation Campaign by supporting and facilitating the implementation of the campaigns in the traditional leader and traditional healer sectors.
- Develop a project implementation plan with clear targets, timeframes and deliverables for the traditional areas campaign wave implementation
- Build and maintain a strong and sustainable partnerships for the traditional areas HIV, STI,s and TB Campaign
- Collate the traditional areas community engagements calendar of events
- Brief and capacitate members of the various houses of traditional leaders and traditional health practitioners associations and formations
- Develop a partner mapping template for the delivery of services at various traditional areas community engagement events
- Collate the report of all demand generation activities of the Campaign wave in line with agreed upon set of indicators
- Identify and capacitate technical champions of the campaign in targeted areas of implantation
- Build strong relationships with relevant sectors and its Sector Leaders
- Seek out opportunities for collaboration amongst sectors, but not excluding the development of formal partnerships and alliances with government departments
- Facilitate networking and exchange between Sectors
- Support the organisation and facilitation of events (dialogue meetings, workshops, training) with participation of civil society and its network
- Assist in the design and delivery of training and other support activities; and
- Support and contribute to monitoring and evaluation undertaken by sectors
- Help develop appropriate advocacy strategies for the campaign wave
- Represent the Secretariat in workshops; training and meetings organised by Sectors
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of core advocacy resources for the campaign wave
- Attend meetings and prepare and distribute subsequent records and meeting minutes
- Monitoring budgets and expenditure
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation tasks
- Take on other tasks as assigned by the Campaign coordinator in relations to the Demand generation campaign implementation
- A three year diploma/ degree or equivalent in social sciences or related area of study
Experience, Skills and knowledge
- At least three years’ experience within a government/ NGO environment of which at least two must be at an operational level
- Working Experience of the institutions of traditional leaders and traditional health practitioners in government and civil society
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of HIV, STIs and TB
- Capacity building skills
- Ability to forge partnerships and ability to influence others
- Excellent English and at least two indigenous language fluency, both written and verbal, with sound presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Campaign marketing skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to travel upon request
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to work beyond regular core business hours as needed
- Valid Driver’s license
- South African citizen
This is a one performance-based fixed term contract.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your CV and certified copies of educational qualifications to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 01 June 2018
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and/or SAPS in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances. SANAC may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.