The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Procurement Assistant for our unit. The position exists within the Financial services & Administration Unit based in Pretoria.
Name of Position : Procurement Assistant
Reporting to : Procurement Officer – Financial Services
Level : B3
Duration : 1 year contract
- Organize all procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy; follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department/school; identify available suppliers for each requisitioned item.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Process requisitions into purchase orders using IQUAL and any resulting change orders.
- Receive, open, screen, log and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organize bids for review by the specialist.
- Maintain and update professional library publications.
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining general files, typing, data entry, opening mail, and completing and processing standard purchasing forms.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments as requested; respond to inquiries which do not require the personal attention of the Procurement Officer.
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and pricing information.
- Assist in answering incoming calls.
- Perform related work as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 3 year Diploma in finance or other related field
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Solid 2 years general purchasing and/ or administration experience
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Basic project cost accounting skills and knowledge.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Flexibility to work beyond regular core business hours as needed
- Team Player
This is a one year performance –based contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your Comprehensive CV, ID and certified copies of educational qualifications to HR@sanac.org.za.
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 15 June 2018
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and/or SAPS in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances. SANAC may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.