SANAC Calls for Expert Technical Task Teams
The role of the South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) is to foster dialogue and build consensus so that government, civil society, the private sector and donors cooperate to achieve the same goals in respect of HIV, TB and STIs. The Programme Review Committee (PRC) of SANAC is calling for nominations to the SANAC Technical Task Teams by the 18 June 2018.
The eight TTTs are as follows (TORs attached at bottom of page):
1.1 Prevention Technical Task Team (existing TTT) – Annexure A
1.2 TB Task Team (new TTT) – Annexure B
1.3 Social and Structural Driver TTT (existing TTT) – Annexure C
1.4 Legal and Human Rights Technical Task Team (existing TTT) – Annexure D
1.5 Costing Technical Task Team (existing TTT) – Annexure E
1.6 Strategic Information TTT (new TTT) Annexure F
1.7 Social and Behaviour Change Communication Technical Task Team (new TTT) – Annexure G
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for at least 25 experts for each TTT, providing technical input into the development of recommendations and operational guidance on the various goals of the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs: 2017- 2022. It is expected that the nominees will have a good understanding of the relevant technical issues and practical experience relating to feasibility and implementation.
We are also looking for a breadth of experience that cover urban and rural opportunities and challenges; experience across all provinces as well as people who have a deep understanding of the multiple vulnerabilities; and programmatic, policy or research/methods/evaluation experience. We want people who will bring a different set of expertise and viewpoints.
Responsibilities of TTT members
- Members are expected to engage actively in the work of the TTT and maintain standards of quality and independence with approximately 5-6 days meetings per annum.
- To contribute to the landscape of the specific Task Teams.
- To review technical documents in a timely manner, providing detailed comments and scrutinizing the quality of the information and recommendations.
- To contribute to the data and/or narrative of the report, bringing perspectives based on expertise and experience.
- Appointed individuals will be expected to exercise autonomous as well as professional judgment. The individuals will not serve as representatives of their respective organisations but in an independent, personal and individual capacity.
The PRC will appoint four members per TTT (representing different constituencies), by xx April 2018 to review the applications and make final recommendations to the PRC. Nominees will be asked to submit a declaration of interests.
Remuneration and costs
The SANAC Secretariat will be responsible for all costs related to travel to relevant meetings (flights, accommodation as well as participation in virtual meetings.)
How to submit your nomination
You should email the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the name of the TTT in your subject line e.g. Legal and Human Right Technical Task Team:
- A brief letter of interest describing why you are interested in participating in the TTT and why you consider that you have the appropriate experience for the role to by 10:00, 18th June 2018.
- A copy of your most recent curriculum vitae.
Please access the specific TORs for the various TTTs by clicking on the links below:
- ANNEXURE A DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE PREVENTION TTT
- ANNEXURE B DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE TB TTT
- ANNEXURE C DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE SOCIAL AND STRUCTURAL DRIVERS
- ANNEXURE D DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE LEGAL AND HUMAN RIGHTS
- ANNEXURE E DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE COSTING TTT
- ANNEXURE F DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE STRATEGIC INFORMATION
- ANNEXURE G DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE NSP SBCC TTT