Terms of Reference for a Men Sector Dialogue, Durban KZN: 24 -26 August 2018: Report and Development of a Strategy for the National Strategy for the Men’s Movement
The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) is a multi-sectoral platform that is made up of government, private sector and civil society. SANAC was created to ensure an integrated and effective response to HIV, TB & STIs and to advise government on the development and implementation of appropriate policies and programmes.
The SANAC Men’s Sector represents organisations that work with men and programmes focusing on
men in the area of Health and Social upliftment. There aims are to support initiatives that address the role of men in combating the spread of HIV, TB & STIs, as well mitigating the impact of the disease in our communities.
The “Takuwani Riime” Men’s Movement aims to bring together South African men from all walks of life to unite with the aim of strengthening the capacity and coordination of the mens’ civil society movement. They are in the process of developing a South African Men’s Charter through:
• Men’s Summit;
• The launch of Men Championing Change Programme;
• Provincial Men’s Parliaments; and
• A National Men’s Parliament
The selected consultant’s work will be managed by the SANAC Secretariat and the Men Sector, who will both assist and assess the development of the National Strategy for the Men’s Movement.
The selected consultant will work closely with the Men’s Sector to develop:
• Reports of the Men’s Summit taking place from 24-26 August 2018 in KZN and the National Men’s Parliament on the 19th November 2018 in Cape Town
• Assist in the development of a National Strategy for the Men’s Movement based on the outcomes of the provincial men’s dialogues as well as the above meeting from 24 – 26 August 2018, focusing on the principles, services, values and vision for the future of the Men of South Africa. This document should be ready to be launched at the National Men’s Parliament on the 19th November 2018 in Cape Town.
• Prepare a draft Strategic Plan that is based on the information gathered at all the provincial Men’s dialogues meetings and the National Summit for review and approval
Scope of Work
The consultant will develop the National Strategy for the Men’s Movement and will provide the following information in the proposal:
• Define each work element;
• Time allocations (days) are required for each work element component;
• Target dates for delivery of draft reports for each of the meeting as well as the delivery date of the National Strategy;
• Limit the proposed strategy to a maximum of twenty (20) pages;
• Prepare the final strategic plan, in PowerPoint format for the National Men’s Parliament in November;
• Use a 12 point font or larger and provide three bound copies and one electronic copy in Word format on a CD.
Based on the above specifications, interested companies should provide a quotations based on the following deliverables:
• Report of the Men’s Summit taking place from 24-26 August 2018 in KZN.
• Strategy for the National Strategy for the Men’s Movement to be completed in early November 2018
• Report of the National Men’s Parliament on the 19th November 2018 in Cape Town
• Logistical cost
The above application must demonstrate skills and experience in report writing as well as the development of strategies, specifically in the civil society environment.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and the development strategic plans;
• Experience in working with civil society and
• Demonstrated ability to write strategic plans and deliver the plans on time and within the budget
All product will be the exclusive ownership of SANAC Trust including all use and distribution rights connected to them. The Consultant must deliver all product on a CD at the end of the period.
interested bidders can upload the biiding document on a link below