The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. In addition to its core funds SANAC receives project funds from government and donors to implement strategic NSP programmes. We are, therefore, recruiting for a SANAC HCT Demand Generation Project Coordinator. The position exists within the Stakeholder Management & Campaigns Unit based in Pretoria.
Name of Position: HCT DEMAND GENERATION PROJECT COORDINATOR
Reporting to : Executive Manager Stakeholder Management and Campaigns
Salary : R360 000 p.a
Duration : 1 year contract
A grant was awarded by the National Lotteries Commission for the development and implementation of a HCT demand generation campaign for a one-year period. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting, enabling and delivering the objectives of the HCT Demand Generation Campaign by managing and facilitating all aspects of the implementation of the campaigns.
- Develop a detail project plan for the implementation of the HCT demand generation campaign in consultation with the relevant stakeholders
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders within Civil Society to develop and launch the HCT demand generation campaigns in identified provinces/districts
- Execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Manage project-specific HCT demand generation deliverables such as toolkits, launches, conferences and workshops as well as project reports
- Work with civil society sectors and other stakeholders responsible for the campaign implementation to ensure coordination
- Track project performance, budgets and expenditure specifically analysing the successful completion of short- and long-term milestones
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Report writing and M&E of programmes and projects
- Mobilize government, private sector and development partners to join the HCT campaign effort
- Assisting in the drafting of media statements and presentations to various leadership fora on the Demand Generation HCT Campaign
- Assist in the recruitment and management of staff for the Campaign
- Assist in the development of terms of reference, specifications and service level agreements for the procurement of services in the delivery of the campaign objectives
- A Degree in communication, social science, project management or marketing or equivalent
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least 5 years management experience in national campaigns in a social sector field
- At least 3 years’ experience coordinating programmes involving multi sectors
- Ability to create fast, accurate and detailed documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Project management skills
- A working knowledge of civil society and advocacy organisations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain the highest standards whilst under pressure
- Working knowledge of at least two official South African languages in addition to writing and speaking proficiency in English
- Contract management experience will be an added advantage
- Valid Driver’s license
- South African citizen
This is a one-year performance-based contract.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your Comprehensive CV, ID and certified copies of educational qualifications to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 24 September 2018
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and/or SAPS in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances. SANAC may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.