The South African National AIDS Council Trust (SANAC) is seeking proposals for a consultant to develop a position paper on “Transformation in the Funding Landscape”
The SANAC Civil Society Forum wish to appoint a consultant to critically examine:
- how the tensions in various funding agendas continues to legitimization the funding of white led national based non-governmental organisation (NGO);
- Review and then discuss the ways in which the civil society sector, particularly „traditional‟ CSOs, is side-lined owing to the funding formulas;
- Development of a position paper leading to the transformation of the funding landscape at grassroots levels.
The funding landscape must be transformed to meet the needs of the civil society organization in a more equitable way and to ensure that resources are effectively and efficiently distributed to previously disadvantages organisations, especially given the competing and equally pressing priorities, ensuring a responsive and resourceful civil society that are built on transformation.
The selected consultant will work closely with the SANAC Secretariat and Civil Society and is expected to:
- Review and assess the current state and shortcomings of the funding landscape in general and individual institutions in particular, in relation to equality, reach and sustainability;
- Analyze the implications of this for institutional sustainability of civil society organisations;
- Develop a document that outlines:
- a more comprehensive and focused strategy to ensure transformation of the funding landscape;
- Explore alternative options with the aim to ensure that funders invest in African founded, owned and managed institutions through the realignment of the funnelling of monies restricted for community based organisations is an approach that should be adopted in South Africa to transform the civil society movement;
- Provide options that the Civil Society Forum could explore and present at various Fora.
A copy of the paper developed by the SANAC Men Sector titled “SOCIAL INVESTORS PERPETUATING INJUSTICE IN SOUTH AFRICA” is attached for information.
Interested bidders must complete the bid document and submit proposal before the closing date and time 09 November 2018 @ 11:00 am and address the bid document to the Procurement Officer:
Submission By hand delivery to SANAC Trust office or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0127481009
Download the full TOR and the bid document on below link to apply: