The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting an Executive Manager National Strategic Plan (NSP) Implementation for our organization. The incumbent will provide strategic implementation of the National Strategic Plan, facilitate coordination and Implementation of the National Strategic Plan HIV/AIDS and TB response; coordinate, facilitate, monitor and evaluate the NSP, thus ensuring that all funds raised for the implementation of the NSP are optimally used. The position exists within the National Strategic (NSP) Plan Implementation Unit, based in Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Executive Manager National Strategic Plan Implementation
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Level : E1
Duration : 3 year contract
• Providing executive leadership for the NSP Implementation Unit and reviewing its structure, function and remit in the future so that it leads the work of the Secretariat in supporting the implementation of the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs.
• Conducting a comprehensive review and management of the NSP unit within the secretariat.
• Coordinating the Implementation of NSP programmes across the various strategic partners (Donors, Government, Private Sector, Civil Society, etc.)
• Leading the current projects and employees of the NSP Unit including :
o Programmes in all eight NSP strategic goals
o Reviewing critical NSP programmes
o Coordinating programmes for Key Populations
o Addressing stigma
o Supporting government departments
• Comprehensive review and reporting of programmes for Sex Workers, MSM, IDU, Prisoners and Migrant Workers
• Ensuring the SANAC Trust structures and functioning reports are in place
• Ensuring Guidelines, Norms and Standards for the provincial, district and local AIDS Councils are in place.
• Developing and implementing a strategy for Capacity Building of AIDS Councils
• Reporting progress on the AIDS Councils’ capacity building program.
• Developing a strategy for Social Behaviour Change communication in place and preparing proposals for a national behaviour change communication programme together with stakeholders.
• Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan for prevention
• Reviewing the remit of the NSP Implementation Unit as well as its scope and budget and its linkages into the other units within the SANAC Trust.
• Analysing the results of the review report and identifying gaps and opportunities.
• Reviewing and analysis of priority programs (Young Women and Girls, Prevention and Disability).
• Developing a structure for the coordination of the NSP within government departments.
• Developing a turnaround strategy for NSP Coordination and Implementation.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
• A Master’s degree or equivalent in a public health related field
• At least fifteen years’ experience in a senior management position within a Government/ Civil Society environment of which at least five must be at an executive management level;
• An excellent understanding of the NSP, the HIV and TB epidemic in the country and locally as well as experiences in coordinating complex stakeholder groups are required.
• An understanding of the South African government operations and NGO environment will be an added advantage.
• Experience in working with CSOs, community organisations, as well as government
• Detailed orientated, strong secretarial, proofreading, formatting and editing skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Strong leadership, capacity building, negotiation and networking skills
• Strategic thinking and management
• Assertiveness and resilience
• Be fluent in at least two South African languages
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Show initiative and be deadline-driven
• Have good organisational skills
This is a three year performance –based contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your Comprehensive CV, ID and certified copies of educational qualifications to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 21 December 2018
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the Trust may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and/or SAPS in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances. The Trust may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. Shortlisted candidates may undergo psychometric assessment.
THE SANAC TRUST reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.