Dr. Connie Kganakga – SANAC acting CEO
Dr. Malega Constance Kganakga officially joined SANAC in 2014 as an Executive Manager for the National Strategic Plan (NSP) Unit. Prior to that, she worked with SANAC on a consultancy basis. She served as a member of the Technical Working Group to develop the country’s National Strategic Plan since its inception.
Dr. Kganakga has worked as a Chief Director for HIV, AIDS & TB at the Department of Social Development where she led development policies, strategies and programmes in response to HIV and TB for the department. She participated in various UN Commissions relating to HIV response. She also worked for the Nelson Mandela Foundation as a Programme Manager for HIV.
Dr. Kganakga holds a PhD from Medunsa, two Masters Degrees; one in Public Health from Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine in New Orleans, USA, and another in Psychology from the University of Pretoria. She started her career as a nurse and, later became a lecturer in various institutions of higher learning. Her career in the academic field advanced to that of Acting Head of Nursing, an Associate Professor and Deputy Dean at Medunsa.
SANAC Secretariat Management Team:
- Antoinette Uys – Chief Financial Officer
- Dr Connie Kganakga – Executive Manager, National Strategic Plan Implementation (also SANAC acting CEO)
- Dr Nevilene Slingers – Executive Manager, Donor Coordination
- Rev Zwoitwaho Nevhutalu – National HIV Counselling and Testing (HCT) Campaigns Manager
- Rentia Agenbag – Government and Civil Society Support Manager
- Lifutso Motsieloa – Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Kanya Ndaki – Communications Manager
- Hlengiwe Nhleko – HR Manager