The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting an Administrative Receptionist for our organization. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the SANAC Trust Global Fund Unit. The position is based in Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Administrative Receptionist
Reporting to : Finance & Admin Officer
Location : Pretoria
Job level : R196, 679 to R237, 328
Duration : 3 Years contract
Advert Date : 22 November 2019
Purpose of the job
The Admin Receptionist will provide front desk administrative duties, manage switchboard, take minutes and provide full administrative support to Executive Managers.
Reception Area duties
- Welcome visitors, determine reason of visit, and announce visitors to appropriate
- Assist with the organisation’s deliveries/couriers and communicate to relevant staff member
- Liaise with security for queries in relation to organization and visitors
- Sign out visitors access receipts given by security
Switchboard Management duties
- Answer incoming telephone calls; determine purpose of callers, and forward calls to appropriate persons or unit
- Answering questions about organisation and provides callers with address, directions, and other information requested
- Take and deliver messages when appropriate personnel are unavailable
- Maintain the staff telephone directory regularly
- Provide the line function unit with administrative support when required
- Assist Executive Managers with travel requests, requirements and claim
- Schedule/Book boardrooms & the tele-conference line
- Take minutes for the management meeting and other meetings, and distribute them to all relevant persons
- Receive tenders & proposals on behalf of the procurement unit; ensuring proper management of registered documents and submission of register after closing period
- Manage housekeepers, lunch, fill-in roster in relation to house-keepers
- Capture requisitions on Iqual procurement system for the line function units within the organisation when required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Matric Certificate, Office Management Certificate or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a receptionist, administrative or in related field.
- Consistent, professional dress and manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong minute taking skills
- Effective & efficient diary management skills
- Excellent typing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage switchboard
- Ability to communicate with people at different levels
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong ability to handle confidentiality
- Ability to multitask
- Time management skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 13 December 2019
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to people with disabilities. Suitable candidates will be subjected to practical testing, personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
The SANAC Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.