The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Creditors Clerk for our unit. The position exists within the Financial services & Administration Unit based in Pretoria.
Name of Position : Creditors Clerk
Reporting to : Financial Manager
Level : B3
Duration : 1 year contract
Ensure that invoices are processed timeously
- Sort incoming invoices
- Match invoices to appropriate purchasing orders and travel requisitions
- Ensure creditors vat number is included on invoices
- Ensure correct company name and details
Capture and forward suppliers invoices
- Use the company’s system to capture suppliers invoices
- Forward captured invoices to procurement officer/ financial manager for payment
- Forward all invoices of assets bought to manager for assets numbers
- Ensure that the correct supplier is paid the correct amount
- Ensure that suppliers paid are on the company database
Maintain creditors files
- Ensure that orders are properly filed
- Ensure that invoices are properly filed
Perform monthly creditors reconciliations
- Ensure that the creditors’ sub-system balances,
- Balances and supplier statements all in balance
- 3 year Diploma in Accounting or other related field
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Understanding of VAT and VAT 201 returns
- Understanding of accounts, travel and creditors reconciliation process
- Planning, prioritizing and time management skills – able to meet deadlines
- Analysing, problem solving and investigative skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written (able to compile letters and correspondence)
- Relevant experience within a creditors environment is essential
- Technical knowledge and skills
- Honesty, reliability and professional integrity
- Attention to details
- Team Player
- Logical thinking
- Ability to function independently and under pressure
- Advanced Computer Literacy (e.g. able to create & edit MS Excel spreadsheet using formulae; typing & editing of MS Word documents).
This is a one year performance –based contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your Comprehensive CV, ID and certified copies of educational qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 21 september 2018
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and/or SAPS in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances. SANAC may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.