Global Fund CCM Secretariat Manager
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Global Fund CCM Secretariat Manager for our organization. The position is based in Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Global Fund CCM Secretariat Manager
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Location : Pretoria
Job level : D3
Duration : 1 Year 4 Months
Advert Date : 9 September 2020
Purpose of the job
Support the CCM to realize performance areas including alignment, oversight, constituency engagement, capacity building and sustainability and transition. Define a detailed oversight methodology for achieving the defined objectives of the oversight role of CCM as well as a detailed implementation work plan to that end. Directly responsible for the implementation of the CCM workplan and Performance Framework in full consultation with CCM Chair/ Co-Chair and in coordination with PR, SRs, SSRs and other CCM members and stakeholders.
Assist CCM to analyse the progress and achievements of the ongoing projects on the basis of the data generated by PR, SRs and Oversight Committee of the CCM, Supervision of the Implementation of the Programme and other data available for the purpose of oversight, monitoring and impact evaluation. Assist in providing well-analysed input for Oversight Committee and CCM.
Work with stakeholders to identify, link and maintain key relationships that will optimise the impact of the GF investment through: optimising implementation, alignment with the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs (NSP) and to build the sustainability of the programmes funded by the Global Fund.
To ensure implementation of all performance areas of the CCM workplan including alignment, oversight, constituency engagement, capacity building and sustainability and transition activities to be conducted as per plan:
- Development of a strategic oversight plan which clearly describes Objectives, risk and challenges, activities to mitigate risks and challenges, methodology for oversight, tools, e.g. checklists, guidelines, reporting, timeline of the plan, terms of reference of the Oversight Committee, implementing entities/individuals, budget (in line with the CCM budget) and coordination mechanism
- Regularly update the oversight plan based on the inputs / feedback from CCM Chair / CoChair and Committee members;
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to the CCM Chair / Co-Chair, Oversight Committee, and any other related entity/individual;
- To facilitate and conduct oversight field visits in collaboration with the Technical Support Unit (TSU) and manage to write report of visits and send feedbacks to the CCM Chair / CoChair
- Review of field visit reports provided by TSU, and (1) consider the findings in strategic development of oversight plan, (2) provide feedback regarding the observations and findings to CCM Chair / Co-Chair;
- Coordination of Oversight Committee meetings in line with the indicators of the Performance Frameworks (PF)
- Technical support and coordination for conducting CCM members capacity building such as workshops, study tours, and all other activities that help CCM members gain a better understanding of their roles and responsibilities with respect to oversight of their grants
- Coordination of constituency consultations and Constituency engagement meetings for nongovernmental constituencies only and processes to promote and improve the quality of stakeholder participation.
- Coordination of CCM Meetings and their Sub-Committees
- Liaise and meet with different stakeholders, PR, SR, SSRs, and other entities to seek comments and viewpoints of various project partners and beneficiaries;
- Engaging the CCM to be prepared for and is taking into account sustainability and transition problematic in the response to the fight against the diseases under the GF grants
- Identification of risks and challenges based on desk review and a thorough analysis of the inputs received from various stakeholders;
To participate in effective management of the CCM workplan with an aim to achieve the desired results as per the performance framework:
- Provision of technical and administrative support to the CCM to be able to implement its activities as per the workplan of CCM
- Lead the provision of technical guidance to the CCM Secretariat in any technical aspects related to the Global Fund requirements
- To conduct required assessments and share results with the GF secretariat as per the indicators of the PF
- Coordination of the implementation of the administrative duties (development of agenda, invitations, logistics, recording, minutes, filing of documentation) for the GF CCM and all its subcommittees;
- To update eligibility and performance assessment (EPA), improvement plan and CCM contacts as per the indicators of the PF
- Analysis and synthesis of proposals on the areas for support and interventions within the practice area specialization assigned
- Participating in financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects under the GF grants, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions and support the PR in internal / external audit processes if required
- Coordination and monitoring the conduction of annual CCM retreat, and CCM elections, induction / orientation meetings
- Preparation of the Minutes of the Meetings and circulation of the agenda to the members and the GF secretariat align with the indicators of the PF
- Preparation of all reports including annual workplan progress, financial reports and submit to the GF as per the indicators of the PF
- Facilitate the process of guiding and supporting the CCM through the steps of the application for a new funding; from the development of the new request for funding, responding to GF CT requests, responding to comments from the GF Technical Review Panel (TRP), Grant negotiation and final GF Board
- Lead the implementation of the activities related to Funding Request development and Grant Making processes, that include the assembly of the technical consultant team, and the coordination of workshops, meetings and trainings
- Coordinate the mobilisation of resources and consultants to provide technical support to the CCM, and its subcommittees that include the Oversight Committee, and Principal and Sub- recipients to maximise their performance and use of funds;
- Contribute to the development process of the NSP every 5 years, as the CCM members are expected to participate and for the lessons of the CCM programmes to be captured.
To ensure facilitation of sharing the information between country level and the CCM secretariat as well as GF Country Team as per the PF of the CCM:
- Holding periodic meetings with CCM Chair/ Co-Chair to inform them of the progress made against the oversight plan, achievements, challenges and obstacles;
- Ensure effective communication and information flow between finance and non-finance actors (on CCM, PR, LFA and sub recipient level) in order to effectively link the programmatic results to expenditures as required by GF.
- Liaise with stakeholders to share information about the GF funded programmes in SA and to gather information to improve the quality of work to be done;
- Implementation of activities related to information sharing like maintenance of the CCM website, update the content of website,
- Working with the SANAC Trust Communications Unit, facilitate publication of the CCM newsletter, website and any other activities related to knowledge management.
- Work with stakeholders who have an interest in supporting the work of the CCM, including private sector bodies, city associations, research and academia, to develop formal and informal relationships that bring value to both parties.
- Coordinate the GF CCM and its subcommittees to mobilise resources for the functioning of the GF CCM and its subcommittees and the CCM Secretariat.
To oversee and coordinate programmatic and financial management of CCM-SANAC grant:
- Manage the expenditure against the CCM-SANAC Grant budget allocated for the work of the GF CCM, its subcommittees and the CCM secretariat to ensure appropriate, effective and efficient use of all resources.
- Manage the contracts with all technical service providers to ensure all projects are implemented timeously and to a high quality, tracked and that all administrative details are correct as per SANAC policies.
- Guide, support and manage the performance of all staff in the GF CCM Secretariat Unit to ensure efficiency and knowledge sharing across the management units and objectives are met timeously and to a high standard.
- Lead the recruitment and selection of all GF CCM Secretariat Unit staff members, as funded by the CCM-SANAC Grant budget
To contribute to the GF International coordination:
- Lead coordination of the South African representatives who work with the East and Southern Africa GF Board member and alternate to optimise their representation on the GF Board through the Africa Constituency Bureau and its sub structures ;
- Be the strategic contact point for the South African representatives who represent SA on regional GF structures including all Regional Co-ordinating Mechanisms.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Social Science or other similar. A Postgraduate Degree will be an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of the HIV and TB epidemics in South Africa and the country’s response, with a particular focus on key and vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria and its processes, rules and regulations, including those that relate to the Country Co-ordinating Mechanism.
- Experience in HIV prevention programme design, implementation, co-ordination, budget and expenditure tracking, and monitoring and evaluation, with at least 2 years of which would have been in a position focusing at provincial, national or international level.
- At least 5 years’ experience in successfully managing human and financial resources.
- At least 5 years’ experience in stakeholder management, networking, and organization of policylevel meetings, preferably in the health sector.
- Previous experience in writing grant proposals or business plans
- Experience in working in a successfully implemented Global Fund funded project at a management level, with the capability to demonstrate lessons learnt, would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Excellent Communication in English, both written and verbal
- High level of Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook, Excel)
- Negotiation skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Analysis and problem solving
- Strategic thinking and management
- Change management
- Goal oriented
- Assertiveness and resilience
- Diversity management
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: close of business, 01 October 2020
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to psychometric testing, personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
The SANAC Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.