Global Fund Manager
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : Global Fund Manager
Reporting to : Global Fund CCM Management Committee
Location : Pretoria
Job level : D3
Duration : 3 Year contract
Purpose of the job
To work with stakeholders (government, development partners, civil society, private sector) to mobilize the maximum funds, support and coordinate the processes for each step necessary to ensure mobilisation of such funds, and then monitor and evaluate the use of resources from the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria. This includes supporting the Capacity Building of Global Fund Principal Recipients (PR) to ensure that there are consistent disbursements, addressing all bottlenecks hindering disbursements.
To work with stakeholders (government, development partners, civil society, private sector, SANAC secretariat and SANAC structures) to optimise the impact of the GF investment through: optimising implementation, alignment with the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs (NSP) and to build the sustainability of the programmes funded by the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Global Fund Country Coordinating Mechanism (GF CCM) according to the rules of the Global Fund, ensuring 100% score through the Eligibility Performance Assessment and Approved Performance Improvement Plan;
- Oversee the implementation of the administrative duties (development of agenda, invitations, logistics, recording, minutes, filing of documentation) for the GF CCM and all its subcommittees;
- Oversee the organizing and convening, the recording and transcription, collating and analysis of information in preparation for and after all the GF CCM meetings;
- Oversee the organizing and convening, the recording and transcription, collating and analysis of information in preparation for and after all the GF CCM Subcommittees, both standing and ad hoc committees;
- Manage the capacity building of stakeholders in their understanding and ability to contribute as functioning GF CCM members and ensuring the necessary quorum is present at all meetings;
- Manage the mobilisation of resources and consultants to provide technical support to the GF CCM, their subcommittees including the Oversight Committee, and Principal and Sub- recipients to maximise their performance and use of funds;
- Work closely with the Oversight Committee (OC), Global Fund Country Team (GF CT), Local Fund Agent (LFA) and Principal Recipients (PRs) to optimise the design, planning, implementation and improvement of the GF dashboard system and the reports and presentations that are drawn from this web platform;
- Work closely with the Oversight Committee (OC), Global Fund Country Team (GF CT), Local Fund Agent (LFA) and Principal Recipients (PRs) to optimise the design, planning, implementation, review and improvement of the Operational Performance Excellence and Co-ordination (OPEC) and Country Portfolio Review (CPR) Meetings.
- Work closely with the Oversight Committee (OC), Global Fund Country Team (GF CT), Local Fund Agent (LFA) and Principal Recipients (PRs) to optimise the outcome of the OPEC and CPR meetings, ensuring the identification and timeous appropriate response to the bottlenecks identified, and support to the Principal Recipients.
- Work with the Oversight Committee and CCM to optimise implementation of the grant, ensuring maximum impact and value for money
- Work with the Innovation advisor in the DC unit to optimise the link between the GF dashboard and the Focus for Impact platform, enabling the contribution of the GF to be situated within the tracking of implementation of the NSP, at a national, provincial and district level.
- Work with the Innovation advisor and the Strategic Information unit to optimise the tracking of the contribution of all stakeholders within the FFI platform.
- Work with the NSP implementation and Strategic Implementation units to ensure alignment to existing or the development of new national strategies or plans to optimise HIV and TB comprehensive prevention programmes and linkage to care for key and vulnerable populations, collaboration to contribute to the Technical Task teams, optimisation and sustainability of the GF funded programmes;
- If new strategies or plans are required then work with the NSP implementation unit to facilitate costing of these strategies.
- Work with the Stakeholder Co-ordination unit to optimise the inclusion of work from the GF CCM in Civil Society Forum meetings and alignment of meeting schedules.
- Ensure the co-ordination of the work funded by GF that focuses on innovative and new developments to ensure optimal implementation and knowledge management with links to the appropriate structures for the requisite change in policy/guideline/strategy.
- Provide management support to the GF CCM Co-ordinator , the PR Capacity Building Co-ordinator and any other additional staff employed in the future within the CCM Secretariat, under the leadership of the Executive Manager
- Provide support to the broader Donor Co-ordination Unit and the CEO as requested.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Post graduate qualification in Public Health or other similar area
- Excellent Communication in English, both written and verbal
- High level of Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
- Negotiation skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Analysis and problem solving
- Strategic thinking and management
- Change management
- Goal oriented
- Assertiveness and resilience
- Diversity management
- Advanced knowledge of the HIV and TB epidemics in South Africa and the country’s response, with a particular focus on key and vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria and its processes, rules and regulations, including those that relate to the Country Co-ordinating Mechanism.
- At least 8 years’ experience in HIV prevention programme design, implementation, co-ordination, budget and expenditure tracking, and monitoring and evaluation, with at least 2 years of which would have been in a position focusing at provincial, national or international level.
- At least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV prevention programmes and the design and use of M&E tools for decision making.
- At least 5 years’ experience in successfully managing human and financial resources.
- At least 5 years’ experience in stakeholder management, networking, and organization of policy-level meetings, preferably in the health sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing communication materials and writing reports.
- Previous experience in writing grant proposals or business plans
- Experience in working in a successfully implemented Global Fund funded project at a management level, with the capability to demonstrate lessons learnt, would be an added advantage.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 25 July 2018
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.