Programme Assistant DSD
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Programme Assistant DSD for our organization. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the SANAC NSP Unit. The position is based in Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Programme Assistant DSD
Reporting to : Executive Manager NSP
Location : Pretoria
Job level : C3
Duration : 1 Year contract
Advert Date : 10 September 2019
Purpose of the job
Supporting the National Strategic Plan Implementation Unit in the overall planning, management, monitoring, and quality implementation of the National Strategic Plan on HIV, STIs and TB, including support to specific program on the Department of Social Development efforts to contribute to the reduction of new infections in young women through the Social Behaviour Change (SBC) programme. S/he will manage key administrative processes, focusing on program delivery, monitoring and logistics. The Programme Assistant will be based at SANAC Trust Offices, Hatfield, in Pretoria.
- Provide overall support and project administration to project leadership and management staff to ensure project is implemented efficiently, within scope, and in line with donor-funders and SANAC policies
- Ensure efficiency of the day-to-day implementation and coordination of the project activities, including project administration, travel, logistics support booking conference rooms; ordering catering; preparing materials, etc.
- Assist and coordinate all relevant workshops and conferences where necessary
- Provide other administrative duties in line with the grade of this post, as required
- Ensure the timely submission of all program reports, documents and program publications, as necessary,
- Provide overall support for the management of project M&E activities including the collation of project data for reporting and monitoring, routine analysis and use of data for program planning and continuous quality improvement (CQI)
- Conduct minute taking at all relevant meetings
- Assist and coordinate all Technical Task Teams, Technical Working Groups and Program Coordination meetings
- Plan and share reporting requirements with HIV Prevention team and ensure compliance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- National Diploma in Project Management or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of relevant office experience
- Previous experience in HIV & AIDS/Public Health/ Social Services sector
- Experience and knowledge of the NGO sector / Donor-funded projects
- Knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and efficiently
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage with different Stakeholders, Civil Society and Government departments
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical capability and quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Dynamic, results-oriented individual
- Excellent communication and writing skill
- Extremely self-motivated and have a strong commitment to excellence
- South African citizenship is required
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 30 September 2019
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
The SANAC Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.