Programme Assistant: SA TB Caucus Secretariat
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Programme Assistant: SA TB Caucus for our organization. The position is based in Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Programme Assistant: SA TB Caucus Secretariat
Reporting to : Technical Lead: HIV Prevention Services
Location : Pretoria
Job level : C3
Duration : 1 Year
Advert Date : 22 January 2020
Purpose of the job
Supporting the NSP Implementation unit in the overall planning, management, monitoring, and quality implementation of the SA TB Caucus project. S/he will manage key administrative processes, focusing on program delivery, monitoring and logistics. The incumbent should be a dynamic, results-oriented individual with strong operational and analytical skills to support implementation of the SA TB Caucus project. Must have excellent communication and writing skills, be able to function independently, be extremely self-motivated and have a strong commitment to excellence. Support the NSP Implementation Unit in the overall planning, management, monitoring, and quality implementation of the SA TB Caucus project.
- Providing overall support and project administration to project leadership and management staff to ensure project is implemented efficiently, within scope, and in line with donor-funders and SANAC policies.
- Ensuring efficiency of the day-to-day implementation and coordination of the project activities, including project administration, travel, logistics support booking conference rooms; ordering catering; preparing materials, etc.
- Assisting and coordinating all relevant workshops and conferences where necessary.
- Providing other administrative duties in line with the grade of this post, as required.
- Ensuring timely submission of all program reports, documents and program publications, as necessary.
- Providing overall support for the management of project M&E activities including the collation of project data for reporting and monitoring, routine analysis and use of data for program planning and continuous quality improvement (CQI).
- Minute taking at all relevant meetings.
- Assisting and coordinating all Technical Task Teams, Technical Working Groups and Program Coordination meetings for the TB advocacy work at the SANAC Trust.
- Planning and sharing reporting requirements with the SA TB Caucus secretariat team and ensuring compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- National Diploma in Project Management or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of relevant office experience
- Previous experience in TB/ HIV /Public Health/ Social Services sector
- Experience and knowledge of the NGO sector / Donor-funded projects
- Knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and efficiently
- Sound interpersonal skills and must be able to engage with different Stakeholders, Civil Society and Government departments
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical capability and quantitative skills Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: close of business, 20 February 2020
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to psychometric testing, personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
The SANAC Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.