Situation Room: Data Architect/Systems Developer
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Data Architect/Systems Developer for our organization. The position is based in Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Data Architect/Systems Developer
Reporting to : Executive Manager: Strategic Information
Location : Pretoria
Job level : D2
Duration : 2 Years
Advert Date : 18 December 2019
Purpose of the job
Data Architect to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models. For this role, the individual/ Systems Developer should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with SQL and Oracle is required. Ideally, the candidate should be familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R.).
Ultimately, the Data Architect/Systems Developer will develop database solutions to ensure the organizational information is stored effectively and securely.
- Developing database solutions to store and retrieve data to and from different technologies/platforms
- Installing and configuring information systems to ensure functionality
- Analyzing structural requirements for new software and applications
- Migrating data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Designing conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Improving system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Optimizing new and current database systems
- Defining security and backup procedures
- Identifying future needs and requirements
- Providing information systems operational support
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, BSc Informatics or related degree.
- 7 years + experience in programming and system design.
- Proficiency in use of one more programming languages (JAVA, PHP, C++, C#, etc as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
- Systems Design and Modelling experience.
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analystor similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience in gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in MY SQL, and Oracle
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Access
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau, Qlickview or Looker
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: close of business, 20 January 2020
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to psychometric testing, personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
The SANAC Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.