The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. SANAC is currently recruiting for:
Name of Position : PA to the CEO
Reporting to : CEO
Location : SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Salary : R37 248.25 per month (all inclusive)
Duration : 4 months
Date Advertised : 6 August 2020
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant to the CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support to the CEO and the SANAC Executive Management Team. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the CEO. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the SANAC Stakeholders, executive and senior management teams; manages the organization’s office operations; and oversees special projects. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect CEO’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated. Anticipate CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Maintain open communications with the WSOS team, including meeting regularly with their operations and technology coordinator and providing information and documents as needed.
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Management Team. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the CEO.
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the CEO’s activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships. • Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as organization grows. Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
- Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Answer main phone line and respond to inquiries.
- Process and distribute daily mail.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Post matric qualification preferably in office administration/frontline/Secretarial,
- 3 years or more experience as an Executive PA
- Highly proficient in MS Office,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners. Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Excellent organising and administration skills.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
Applications and copies of certificates should be emailed to email@example.com.
Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 20 August 2020
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw this advert.