The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore, recruiting for a Contracts Manager position that will fall within the Finance unit, based at our Pretoria office.
POSITION: Contracts Manager
DURATION: 2 year contract
- Manage and coordinate the adjudication of grants
- Implement transparent policies and procedures for onward granting and grant making including the design of success criteria, measurement process and compliance reporting
- Perform due diligence assessments at all organisations submitting grant requests to the SANAC Trust
- Conduct evaluation of grant proposals and contracts against pre-determined success criteria
- Coordinate the adjudication process of proposals and grant requests.
- Build capacity within donor applicant organisations
- Assess the organisation’s skills, existing capacity and organisational needs
- Implement organisational capacity building plans as required by partners and donor applicant organisations
- Report on the outcome and efficacy of capacity building efforts
- Make recommendations for future/longer term capacity building interventions and needs
- Monitor capacity building progress, identify gaps and provide continuous support.
- Report on various grant processes and contracts management
- Develop preliminary reports on grant applications for partners and donor applicant organisations
- Report grant adjudication outcomes to management
- Report due diligence assessment outcomes to management
- Review grant progress and financial reports and consolidate overall SANAC reports for management
- Review reports received from grant recipients and report to CFO and CEO on progress and outcomes of all awarded grants
- Monitor progress regularly against awarded grant contracts (programmatic, technical, financial)
- Compile grant contracts for signature and ensure signed contracts are in place and kept on record for auditing purposes.
- Provide technical support to ensure reporting compliance aligned with regulations from the National Treasury and the Auditor General
- Review and development of the annual report, the annual performance plan and the strategic plan
- Liaise with managers, institutions, sectors and partners to manage stakeholder expectations and relations
- Manage internal and external correspondence for the unit
- Prepare and supply required information to external and internal auditors.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent
- Three years working experience in management consulting or working for a humanitarian aid organisation
- Communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of contract law
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Knowledge of PFMA requirements
- Interpersonal skills Ability to handle confidential information
- Understanding of government processes will be advantageous
This is a two year performance-based contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, ID and certificates to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 24 July 2015
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and /or SAPS(in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and /or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicants educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.