Junior Technical Officer: NSP
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Junior Technical Officer: NSP for our organization.
The position is based in Gauteng, Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Junior Technical Officer: NSP
Reporting to : Executive Manager: NSP Unit
Location : Hatfield; Pretoria
Job level : C
Duration : 1 Year (Renewable for a year, depending on donor funding)
Advert Date : 6 April 2021
Purpose of the job
The position will support the NSP implementation unit by providing communications support, administrative and logistic support, stakeholder engagement support and programme support.
The officer will be required to work closely with diverse units within the SANAC secretariat to ensure the joint effort for successful implementation of the NSP.
- Organise meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Coordinate the logistics; manage and handle suppliers and manage stakeholders including preparing procurement requests.
- Attend meetings and prepare and distribute subsequent records and meeting minutes.
- Assist draft of project reports,
- Assist in administrative duties for the NSP unit.
- Take on other administrative tasks as assigned by the NSP Executive Manager in relation to unit meetings, including preparing document packs and assisting with logistics for travel, etc.
Communications and advocacy
- Assist develop appropriate advocacy strategies for the NSP implementation – in collaboration with communications unit
- Document success stories of key programmes supported by the NSP implementation unit and the stakeholder management and campaigns unit and
- Contribute pieces to the SANAC newsletter on behalf of the NSP implementation unit
- Review, edit and make recommendations on promotional material produced for the NSP unit (Videos, articles, posters etc) and programs where possible
- Monitor and analyse the official and non-governmental debates on issues relevant to the implementation of the NSP
- Represent SANAC in workshops; training and meetings
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of core advocacy resources for the NSP implementation
- Assist in Communications unit branding for events and meetings
- Participate in site visits to NGOs implementing social and behaviour change communication programmes, to ensure alignment with the NSP
- Maintain an electronic database of NGOs supported by through DSD funding to SANAC, including programme materials and monitoring data
- Assist the NSP Implementation unit in the development of unit and programme reports
- Assist Civil Society Sectors with the development of newsletters and reports
- Develop a SANAC Civil Society sector database
- Facilitate information sharing between different units of SANAC supported;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Public Health, or related area of study
- Experience in working with community based organisations, or government
- Experience working in an NGO environment will be an added advantage
- A high level understanding of the NSP and SANAC
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of HIV, STIs and TB
- Capacity building skills
- Communications, including knowledge on social and behaviour change communication
- Fluency in English and another official language;
- Analytical skills;
- Good communication skills, written and oral;
- Ability to forge partnerships and ability to influence others
- Detailed orientated, strong secretarial, proofreading, formatting and editing skills
- A positive problem-solving approach;
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 23 April 2021
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) weeks of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to psychometric testing, personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).