SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Manager: Human Rights Programme (Re-advertised)
Reporting to: Global Fund Implementation Unit Manager
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration: Fixed Term Contract
Advert Date: 17 July 2023
Purpose of the job
Provide lead implementation of the Human Rights (HR) programme under South African National AIDS Council’s (SANAC) implementation unit. Providing strategic guidance to the programme guided by the activities in the Global Fund grant and other programmes, informed by goal 5 of the National Strategic Plan and the objectives of the national Human Rights plan. Manage and oversee implementation and coordination of multiple Human Rights projects implemented through other partners. Lead identification of, and respond to, programme needs, in particular to capacity building; networking; promoting dialogue and advocacy; strengthening of platforms that improve programme implementation, joint planning and effective linkages between civil society, government, SANAC Sectors and community organisations other role players at national, provincial, district and sub-district level, focusing on building sustainable networks, systems and structures to respond to HIV and TB. Provide leadership and oversee the development of tools and mechanisms to strengthen monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) processes; capture and promote HR best practice; and increasing transparency and dialogue on performance of HIV and TB services at all levels. Assess quality of the programme mainly for the Global Fund other Donor funded ones. Ensure quality of programmes is improved, unblock bottlenecks in the programme implementation; ensure in-depth preparation for relevant donor monitoring/review forums. Additionally they will be expected to be part of National Technical Working Groups, where they will present / discuss best practice in these programmes. Go deeper into districts where services are provided to assess quality of services; standard of care and ensure there is an overall improvement on uptake of services. Ensure that there are ways to improve overall peer outreach and value for money amongst key populations as well as ensuring key populations rights are preserved.
- Manage and oversee the effective implementation and coordination of the human rights programme’s interventions.
- Manage and track HR budget & procurement in accordance with donor guidelines and assisting finance manager with budget reviews; preparation of HR program’s narrative reports.
- Provide ongoing guidance and capacity development to service providers for national programmes all aspects of the HR programmes
- Provide ongoing guidance and capacity development support to civil society and government stakeholders during grant implementation for optimising the design and implementation of programmes to reduce human rights barriers and adjusting them to the COVID-19 related restrictions
- Ensure the documentation of human rights violations and response avenues.
- Optimising the design and implementation of programmes to ensure operational efficiencies, data collection and reporting
- Ensure that all outstanding SOP are completed and develop new ones.
- Provide programmatic expertise in HIV prevention, care and treatment activities including community-based outreach, peer education/navigation, health clinic/hospital/other public and private facility service provision, behaviour change communication, treatment and care and referrals for HIV, STI, Gender Based Violence ( GBV), and FP services.
- Ensure quality work on standard operating procedures contextualized to the South Africa environment assuring confidentiality and mitigation if required.
- Contribute to program quality according to national standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Oversee production of timely and accurate technical reports.
- Provide leadership for and oversee reporting, monitoring and evaluation of national programmes, including statistical reports and donor reports;
- Lead in the development of work plan activities; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates collaborate efforts in program implementation including assisting in the provision of technical assistance to GF and CDC implementation partners for the provision of high quality services.
- Document best practice, case studies, reflections on national work, and contribute to research.
Value for Money
- Ensure assessment on value for money on key populations programmes; in essence key populations programmes must be efficient and economical
- Ensure well costed and documented programme outcomes
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Post graduate or Masters level degree in Public Health or related field or equivalent
- Over 5 years of demonstrated technical expertise, with substantial HIV prevention, care, and treatment.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated excellence in a senior-level technical leadership position, preferably in an international development context and working with KP groups
- Understanding of the Human Rights, in the context of key populations, landscape
- Knowledge of processes for developing and implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs with key population groups in South Africa.
- Design, implementation, and management of public health/international development programs funded by Global Fund and PEPFAR.
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in South Africa.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with civil society organizations to plan and implement clinical HIV programs.
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the Technical Support Unit Lead, Global Fund Country Team, Country Coordinating Mechanism, Global Fund Principal Recipients and PEPFAR Structures.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Experience identifying, designing and brokering public-private partnerships.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within the country or region and internationally if needed
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 28th July 2023, Close of Business at 16:30
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.