The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration: Fixed term contract
Advert Date: 24 May 2022
Purpose of the job
Support the technical monitoring, reporting and evaluation functions of the Orphans and Vulnerable Youth project. The M&E officer will monitor the performance of the OVCY III programme, the setting of targets, and the achievement of results. Provide strategic information for programmatic improvements and adjustments.
Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Lead the development of the programme M&E framework, plans and tools for the OVCY III programme
- Revise the results matrix, indicators and align these to programme objectives
- Contribute in target setting processes.
- Contribute to the development of programme implementation plans
- Monitor and assess project activities and document results and provide feedback to guide decision-making
- Systematically monitor and document progress and system-related challenges faced throughout implementation
- Support the provincial coordinators in monitoring of activities and reporting
- Conduct routine M&E assessments
- Conduct M&E capacity building and support for the programme staff
- Prepare for and support the mid-term and end term evaluation processes
Data collection and Management
- Establish and manage a monitoring and reporting digital platform
- Ensure high-quality data collection, management and reporting processes and tools and established
- Strengthen data quality and ensure data verification procedures
Learning and Knowledge Management
- Act as a focal technical person to provide support to the progress performance reporting and lesson sharing meetings
- Working closely with the program team, develop tools to identify and document activities and elements to be upscaled
- Implement a learning agenda, and adaption of the approaches, activities within the programme
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in social sciences, or development studies
- Masters degree would be an advantage
- Formal qualifications in Monitoring and Evaluation will be a strong asset.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience working with social development programs
- Experience in developing and setting up of M&E frameworks, systems and tools that track performance
- Experience with digital monitoring systems
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
- Demonstrated strong management, teamwork and planning skills
- Good writing and analytical skills are required.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Computer literate (MS Office, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to coordinate stakeholders
- Good planning and organising skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 6 June 2022 (17:00)
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.