SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Programme Manager: Implementation Unit
Reporting to: Executive Manager: Resource Mobilisation and Donor Coordination
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration: Fixed term contract (2 years)
Advert Date: Open Advert – Headhunting
Purpose of the job
To provide leadership, guidance, and management oversight of the SANAC Sub-recipient led programmes funded by the Global Fund (GF), including the development and monitoring of workplans to ensure successful implementation of programmes. The incumbent will also engage and work with other stakeholders to identify, link and maintain key relationships that will strengthen and enable the SANAC SR to attain all programmes implementation goals as well as leading the process of appointment of sub- sub recipients and other implementation partners.
- Provide programmatic leadership and management to the SANAC GF funded programmes
- Work closely with the Technical Leads and Unit Managers to develop implementation plans for all modules implemented under the SANAC Programme Implementation Section
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures to support implementation of all GF programme modules
- Develop and manage quality assurance and improvement processes and monitor the application thereof
- Lead procurement and contracting processes and ensure timely execution of these activities to enable the continuity of programme implementation
- Identify opportunities to assist and support implementation of key activities through routine programme assessments including on-site visits as part of ensuring quality improvement
- Lead implementation the SANAC GF funded programme s by working closely with finance management team to support financial management, budgeting and procurement of necessary goods and services
- Review forecasts and performance against budget and programme operational targets and objectives
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and submission of reports to multiple stakeholders
- Ensure effective implementation of GF Grant by Sub-sub recipients and other stakeholders
- Ensure that the resources and systems for effective grant implementation and monitoring are in place
- Document key lessons learnt, best practices and promote information exchange between the different modules.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting frameworks aligned to the Performance frameworks for GF programmes
- Review and analyse the programmatic performance against indicators to identify strengths and weaknesses and implement operational strategies, systems, and processes to enhance efficiency and improve quality so that defined objectives are
- Develop and maintain open and professional relationships with key stakeholders, including funders, civil society sector and government agencies with similar /related goals.
- Maintain close collaboration with other partners (In-country and globally), Technical partners, Community based organisations (CBOs), and private health sector stakeholders to leverage opportunities for collaboration, avoidance of duplication and ensuring of programmatic
- Promote collaboration across other GF Primary and Sub-Recipients
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Social Science or other similar. A Postgraduate Degree will be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of the HIV and TB epidemics in South Africa and the country’s response, with a particular focus on key and vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria and its processes, rules, and regulations, including those that relate to the Country Co-ordinating Mechanism.
- Experience in HIV, STI and TB programme design, implementation, co-ordination, budget and expenditure tracking, and monitoring and evaluation, with at least 2 years of which would have been in a position focusing on provincial, national, or international level
- At least 5 years’ experience in successfully managing health programmes,
- Experience in stakeholder management, networking, and organization of policy level meetings, preferably in the health sector
- Previous experience in writing grant proposals or business plans
- Fluency in in English, both written and verbal
- High level of Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook, Excel)
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and management
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: TBC- Once the position is filled (Headhunting)
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.