SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Technical Lead: HIV Prevention (Re-advertised)
Reporting to: Executive Manager: NSP Implementation
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Advert Date: 15 February 2023
Purpose of the job
To develop and implement innovative preventative approaches, identification of clear priorities for prevention and strategic targeting of evidence based combination of prevention interventions in order to reduce new HIV infections in South Africa.
- Provide programme management support to SANAC and its stakeholders in the area of HIV prevention services
- Lead the development and implementation of SANAC prevention strategies and initiatives
- Convene the HIV prevention youth TWG to guide a more harmonised national programme for AGYW and ABYM
- Coordinate the collection of monitoring data of national prevention programmes to feed into the M&E functions of SANAC, especially on the 5 pillars of prevention noted by the Global Prevention Coalition: AGYW, key populations, condoms, PrEP and VMMC
- Provide substantial inputs into the development of new or updated prevention policies, positioning, frameworks, guidance, standards, instruments and tools and participate actively in the SANAC Prevention Technical Task Team
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships with diverse prevention stakeholders, including local and international NGOs, government departments, academic institutions, private sector and donors
- Provide technical advisory support to the Global Fund programmes focused through the oversight committee, OPEC meetings and per request
- Ensure seamless multi-directional flow of information between SANAC structures and internal arrangements in relation to HIV prevention
- Lead and support the preparation of supporting documentation for meetings as required
- Assist in the procurement of the new NSP development processes.
- Coordinate the establishment of task teams
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Honours/Masters’ degree in Public Health, Social Work, or related social science field, Nurse, or MD with experience in public health and service delivery.
- 5 years or more of experience national / regional / global HIV/AIDs programming, including extensive experience developing and implementing prevention programs for vulnerable populations (AGYW, Men, OVC)
- Demonstrated experience in a developing country setting, and/or in planning, development, implementation of HIV/AIDS programming for government, international NGOs, donor organizations, or public or private sector institutions.
- Experience writing case studies, abstracts, articles etc
- Demonstrated experience in establishing working relationships and collaborating with public health stakeholders, other bilateral and/or multilateral donor agencies and with host-country governments
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to communicate highly technical material to a variety of audiences.
- Extensive knowledge of and sensitivity to gender issues
- Knowledge and expertise of human rights and human rights-based approaches to public health
- Capacity to work with a high degree of independence within complex projects.
- Strong project management, organizational, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Sound understanding of the work and systems of the South African National AIDS Council Trust
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with high-level officials from government agencies, NGO’s, international development organisations and the private sector
- High degree of organisational skills, initiative and exceptional problem solving
- Attention to detail and Self-motivated individual
- Able to work with diverse cultures and communities
- Excellent Leadership and managerial skills
- Computer Literate
Applications with a detailed CV should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 23rd February 2023 by Close of Business at 16:30
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.