SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Travel and logistics Coordinator
Reporting to: Senior Finance Manager
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration: Fixed Term Contract
Advert Date: 1 August 2022
Purpose of the job
Responsible for organisation and coordinating of travel, logistics and office requirements for SANAC
Key Responsibilities and Duties :
- Coordinate travel requirements
- Ensure all travel requests and bookings are correct, authorized and submitted to the travel agent
- Liaise with traveler regarding bookings e. provisional booking details are acceptable or not; once accepted by traveler – confirm bookings and issue all documentation and travel details to traveler
- Process payment requisitions and other related expenses where applicable as per Travel policy
- Manage and reconcile the Atlantis travel or appointed travel agent account – weekly and ensure costs are allocated budget codes are correct.
- Monitor costs & ensure costs are kept to a minimum
- Keep records of all travel booking made and collate boarding passes for flights
- Ensure that policies are adhered to by both the SANAC and Travel agent
- Issue order numbers for the above and for any required purchases
- Confirming payment for the above issued order numbers is fulfilled
- Ensure all purchases or orders fall within the allowed budget and liaise with the finance department regarding budgets and procurement policy compliance.
- Ensure all accounts are up to date with respect to payment
3. Co Ordinate all Conferences and Meetings
- Organize travel and logistical requirements for conferences, meetings both on site and off site; and ensure costs are managed.
- Ensure all payments and documents are processed timeously and are allocated to the correct budget codes
4. Assist with coordinating of meetings, training/conferences as required
- Arrange the catering or any other arrangements required for training sessions/conferences/meetings held at the Centurion office.
- Ensure a copy of the attendance register is on record
5. Travel Coordination
- Coordinate travel, accommodation and car hire for Management as per policy
- Ensure records are kept of vehicles hired accordance with our policies
- Coordinate the capture and maintenance of Management travel logbook
- Reconcile travel spendings with allocated budget monthly
- Reconcile Travel Management Company Statement to the supplier ledger for
6. General Admin Budget
- Check and control the general admin budget
- Check and see to the budget is correctly spent
- Ensure that all accounts are paid up for all of the above
- Ensure that the salary budget of Admin staff is regulated
- Report the general Admin budget to the Snr Finance Manager and Chief Finance Officer
7. Other Office Admin
- Provide any other administrative support as and when required
- Ensure that all documentation is drafted accurately within turnaround time, filed securely and confidentiality is maintained on an ongoing basis
- Assist receptionist when needed. Incoming telephone calls answered and messages taken if officials are not available
- Continue add value to SANAC and perform other duties as required
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Matric Certificate
- National Diploma in Tourism, Logistics will be an advantage
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in Travel arrangement and office Coordination
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the positionon the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 August 2022 at 16H00
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification). SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.