SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Youth Skills Development Specialist
Reporting to: Programme Manager: Social & Behavior Change Programme
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration: Fixed term contract
Advert Date: 12 April 2022
Purpose of the job
Lead and provide strategic and technical guidance on models and approaches that deliver market relevant skills to enhance the employability and livelihoods of young people. The skills can encompass work, soft skills, readiness skills, sector specific technical skills, entrepreneurial skills, among others as needed by the target populations and in line with labour needs of the contexts.
- Provide specialist expertise and guidance on development and youth preparation for entry into the labour market programme strategy
- Provide technical guidance and oversee the implementation of the skills development programme in line with the programme strategy and plan
- Facilitate and develop a mechanism for coordination and partnership building with networks and institutions of youth support systems, government departments, private businesses, training colleges
- Design outreach strategy to engage, market the programme and build partnerships with stakeholders at local level, civil society organizations, key community leadership and structures
- Contribute to planning, development of operational plans and reporting for the programme
- Oversee the training programmes and ensure quality of the trainings
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- Evaluate training and development programmes
- Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the set up environment
- Help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programme
- Develop a mentoring and skills transference plans for NPOs in the CCCs
- Provides guidance to staff at the Community Care Centres to ensure that services are delivered according to operational plans by providing training, and feedback on implementation of duties assigned.
- Supports the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist to increase the impact of programme activities
- Work closely with the programme team and the M&E specialist, develop and implement a learning agenda that promotes collaboration, learning and adaption of approaches, activities for scaling up.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, development studies, policy, or a related discipline
- Relevant post-graduate degree would be an advantage
- 5 to 7 years of prior work experience in a non-governmental organisation (NGO), government agency, or private company
- 5 years of programme management, coordination programmes, coordinating activities and monitoring
- 4-5 years’ experience in training and development or facilitative (essential)
- Experience managing multiple activities, monitoring (data collection, analysis reporting)
- Report writing
- Proven experience in networking and partnerships building
- Understanding of the national youth skills development landscape, policies, labour market needs and key stakeholders in the context of the programme focus
- Knowledge of training and development processes, and best practices
- Strong understanding of the training and development environment, issues faced young people related to employment, skills development, youth economic empowerment, entrepreneurship, and job creation
- MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, & Outlook), report writing and general administration skills
- Interpersonal communication skills – at all levels
- A strong sense of responsibility and urgency and the ability to deliver regularly on time
- Ability to work under pressure
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 2 May 2022 (17:00)
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.