Administrative Assistant: SI Unit
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a team that can support its national response. We are, therefore recruiting an Administrative Assistant for the Strategic Information (SI) Unit.
Name of Position : Administrative Assistant: SI Unit
Reporting to : Executive Manager: SI
Location : SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Grading : C1
Duration : 3 Years (Renewable subject to funding availability)
Purpose of the job
The Administrative Assistant will act as the point of contact for Strategic Information (SI) Unit, providing administrative support to the SI Unit managers and the team. Main duties include; Render secretarial and administration support, Organizing workshops and meetings including preparing agenda and minutes taking minutes, Handling and processing communication to the office (e.g. e-mail, telephone, fax, mail), Develop and maintain the Unit’s filing system (physical and electronic), Collate and organize information required for compiling reports as required by the Unit Head, Arrange all travel and logistics needs, Preparing regular purchase and payment request, expense claims and related reports, as well as Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide overall support and administration to the SI Unit team and leadership, ensure Unit activities are implemented efficiently, within scope, and in line with donor requirements and SANAC Trust policies
- Assist with the coordination of all Technical Task Teams, Technical Working Groups and Program Coordination meetings for the SANAC Trust SI Unit.
- Prepare agendas and record & take minute taking at all relevant meetings.
- Ensure efficiency of the day-to-day implementation and coordination of the Unit activities, including administration, travel arrangements, logistics support booking conference rooms; ordering catering; preparing materials, filing etc.
- Assist and coordinate all relevant workshops and conferences where necessary for the SI Unit (Physical or Virtual)
- Provide other administrative duties in line with the grade of this post, as required.
- Ensure the timely submission and filling, printing and scanning of all program reports, documents, and program publications, as necessary, Filing paperwork,
- Any other administrative tasks allocated by the Technical Leads within the SI Unit
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Minimum – Matric Certificate. Additional qualification as a Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent will be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years of relevant office experience
- Experience and knowledge of the NGO sector / Donor-funded projects
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and efficiently
- Sound interpersonal skills and must be able to engage with different Stakeholders,
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical capability and quantitative skills Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Skills • Administrative skills • Communication skills • Good Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet and email) • Events Coordination • General Office Administration • Document and File Management • Planning and Organising skills
Personal attributes • Good Interpersonal Skills • Professional Attitude and Appearance • Ability to be resourceful and proactive • Initiative • Ability to work with teams • Ability to interact with people • Ability to multi-task
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 21 July 2021 (17:00)
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within One (1) Week of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, security clearance, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.