SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Position: Chief Finance Officer
Job Grade: E4
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Advert Date: 12 September 2023
JOB SUMMARY AND REQUIREMENTS:
The Chief Finance Officer will be accountable for the execution of SANAC Financial objectives and the design and implementation of Financial Management- and Governance Systems and procedures The Chief Financial Officer should provide the financial and fiscal management and accounting aspects of SANAC operations. He/she will be highly involved in the strategic management, guidance, and advice in respect of the rendering of effective and efficient financial management, Information Technology services, procurement, and supply chain management. Provide strategic guidance as well as taking the overall fiduciary responsibility for SANAC Trust as delegated by the Board of Trustees. Ensure leadership and coordination of all financial functions with a focus on optimizing the performance of SANAC.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for financial strategic planning of SANAC
- Ensure corporate governance for SANAC Trust and management of Finance and Administration function
- Manage the processes to allow for sufficient funds to flow into SANAC to meet the operational needs, and take a lead in applying for funds from Treasury, NDOH and DSD
- Develop and implement all the finance, procurement, asset and Information Technology policies and procedures
- Design the computerized accounting system to ensure the accounts reflect the three sources of expenditure for SANAC being: direct SANAC expenditure, NDOH expenditure, and Donor’s Gift-In-Kind e.g. seconded staff
- Ensures the management and development of all finance staff
- Draft reports as per SANAC requirements
- Prepare Reports all financial related matters to the Board of Trustees and Committee of the Board on all financial matters.
- Forecasting financial needs
- Manages the budget of SANAC
- Ensures compliance with relevant financial regulations and SANAC policies.
- Ensures timely preparation of set of accounting books.
- Manages the procurement and supply chain processes.
- Manages and Oversee the Information Technology needs for SANAC
- Implements any relevant programme or deliver any financial service.
- Ensures the provision of an effective and efficient management of expenditure and revenue and financial management support in terms of legislative mandates
- Submits various financial and strategic reports
- Provide guidance to SANAC staff, stakeholders, funders, donors on transversal financial accounting issues.
- Prevents unauthorised, irregular, fruitless, and wasteful expenditure and losses
- Compiles management reports in terms of the PFMA and Treasury Regulations
- Provides advice and guidance on budget planning, management, and reporting
- Complies with any remedial measures imposed by the relevant treasury
- Lead participation in budget and review meetings
- Provide strategic advice and guidance in terms of SCM to internal clients and service providers.
- Ensures the development of financial accounting related policies and procedures and the implementation thereof.
- Develop and implement improvements in the finance system, as necessary
- Review and take legal advice to ensure that all contracts entered into by SANAC and implement the procedures for awarding contracts in accordance with PFMA and Treasury requirements, and do not represent a risk to SANAC
- Monitors, evaluates, and reports on the performance of finance staff.
- Setting and implementing development plans for staff within unit
- Provide sound financial management advice to the Chief Executive Officer, Executives and Senior Managers in terms of their financial management responsibility and Delegated Authority.
- Provides support to the CEO and other senior executives in the execution of their functions
- Assist the CEO with preparation for Board meetings and donor presentations
- Ensure SANAC mandate, vision, and values are reflected in all job outcomes
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A Post Graduate Degree in Financial accountancy or in a related field
- A professional Qualification preferably of CA(SA) or ACCA qualified or similar
- Candidate should be affiliated and have a valid membership of a profession accounting or auditing body.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in a Financial Executive role
- 10 years in Senior/ Executive Management and Leadership
- 10 years Senior management in the Financial Environment
- Extensive knowledge of donor requirements and their compliance requirements with experience of overseeing complex grants.
- The incumbent should have high level expertise in, and detailed understanding of a number of different specialist areas within a function. This would include, supply chain management, IT management, financial and risk management, payroll and tax administration, investment management and asset management.
- Experience of writing narrative & financial reports, presenting to Board and Finance Committees
- Excellent communication, presentation and Interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills in computers – Windows, spreadsheets, accounting packages (Pastel desirable)
- Outcome focused and proven ability to think strategically and plan, prioritize and organize a department/team’s work to meet organization-wide strategic objectives.
- Extensive experience in sub-recipient management including reporting.
- Knowledge of contract law and other related financial law.
Applications with a comprehensive CV MUST be submitted via-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered. Closing date: 28th September 2023 at 16:30
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification). SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.