SANAC BOARD OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. A Vacancy has arisen for a Committee Member to join the SANAC Remuneration Committee. SANAC seeks to appoint a seasoned and suitable individual to serve as independent Remuneration Committee member to improve the Trust’s Human Capital ManagementThe purpose of the SANAC Remuneration Committee is to ensure thorough and independent preparation of matters relating to People Relations and compensation for SANAC. SANAC has a robust Board of Trustees who are registered through the Master of the High Court. The Committee meets quarterly reporting to the Board. Applications are hereby invited for suitably qualified individuals to be appointed as independent member of SANAC Remuneration Committee. Experience in serving as a Remuneration Committee member and/or membership of a recognized profession would be an advantage
Name of Position: Remuneration Committee Member (Voluntary)
Duration: Five-Year Term (renewable)
Advert Date: 05 September 2023
Key Responsibilities of the Trustee include but are not limited to:
- Analyse complex issues and make an effective contribution at a strategic level
- Contribute to the development of strategy and performance objectives around human capital
- Advise and make recommendations to the Board on all human capital, including remuneration issues
- Advise and recommend to the Board on good labour practice and employment terms and conditions
- Contribute and advise on matters relating to other material employment issues in respect of the Management
- Assess and give direction to the Chief Executive Officer on the management of the Trust’s human capital and other people responsibilities
- Possess the required intellectual capacity, commercial acumen and strategic insight to support SANAC in applying its pay and reward systems fairly and robustly
- Advise on risks and mitigation measures in relations to the Trust’s management of Human Capital
- Influence Performance and team effectiveness
- Assisting with the development and monitoring of the Trust’s succession planning.
- Contribute to the Remuneration Committee’s Annual Work Plan.
- Reviewing and reassessing the adequacy of all inputs and instructions annually and recommending any proposed changes to the Board for approval.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Qualification and extensive experience in Human Resources Management/Training and Strategy, and other related field
- Remuneration Committee experience will be advantageous, a working knowledge and experience in the TB/HIV environment will be an added advantage but is not a prerequisite.
- Familiarity with government structures, processes and key networks will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, good planning and organizing skills.
- Willingness and the ability to engage with stakeholders when required
- The Committee Member needs to be a proactive and engaging team player.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 September 2023 Close of Business at 17:00
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) weeks of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.