SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Grants Management Specialist
Reporting to: Executive Manager: Resource Mobilisation and Donor Coordination
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration: Fixed term contract
Advert Date: 1 April 2022
Purpose of the job
To ensure the development and management of grant proposals and monitoring of appropriate systems for effective and efficient management of SANAC grants
Development and submission of grant proposals
- Actively identify the areas of resource needs for SANA and source grant funding to address areas of need
- Coordinate the development of grant applications, ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are engaged
- Ensures timeous grant submissions and follow-up / addressing Funder comments
Monitoring and support to donor applicant organisations
- Set up and ensure that onward granting procedures are followed by SANAC grantees
- Ensure required reporting documentation are submitted by the grantees and internal SANAC implementers timeously (technical and financial reporting)
- Review grantee expenditure monthly and ensures that all expenditures are compliant
- Conduct monthly risk and compliance assessments on SANAC grants / grantees
- Ensure grantees submit technical implementation reports quarterly/annually and when required
- Liaise with Provincial staff to ensure proper support is provided to the grantees
- Ensures grantees submit all tools and materials developed including registers
- Compile grantee documentation for signature and ensure signed documentation are in place and kept on record for auditing purposes.
- Ensures that the SANAC Trust grants team meet once a month
Record Keeping, filing and close out
- Ensures that grantees maintain proper documentation for audit purposes at the grantee offices
- Ensures that there are electronic and physical copies of all grantee documentation at SANAC Trust offices
- Oversee a proper filing system of all grantee contracts, amendments and schedule of visits
- Once a grantee is completely closed out, ensures that the files are complete and all required documentation are on hand
Communicate with stakeholders on all aspects of grants and contracts
- Liaise with managers, institutions, sectors and partners to manage stakeholder expectations and relations
- Manage internal and external correspondence for the unit
- Prepare and supply required information to external and internal auditors.
Supports the Contracts manager in managing and coordinating the adjudication of grants
- Reviews the grantees that have been shortlisted and ensures that all grantees have due diligence checklist documentation
- Setup and maintains a database for all grants applications and successful grants
- Updates a master list of grant details
- Coordinate and manage the adjudication process of proposals and grant requests.
Capacity building within donor applicant organisations
- Liaise with the Contracts Manager in building capacity within successful grantee organisations
- Implement capacity building plans as required by donor applicant organisations
- Mentor and provide ongoing support to grantee organisations
- Make recommendations for future/longer term capacity building interventions and needs
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a public health / health discipline and finance qualification or equivalent. Post-graduate degree will be an advantage.
- 5 years working experience in grants management or equivalent. Experience working with Donor funded organisations in Health environment.
- Communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of contract law
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Knowledge of PFMA requirements
- Interpersonal skills
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 21 April 2022 (17:00)
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.