SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : Technical Lead – HIV and TB Treatment Literacy
Reporting to : NSP Implementation
Location : SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Grading : D4
Advert Date : 11 March 2022
Purpose of the job
To provide technical leadership and oversight for the coordination of the implementation of treatment, care and adherence support programs and interventions in support of Goal 2 of the National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STI’s. This will include support for the multi-sectoral platforms and activities at all levels to coordinate, develop, strengthen implementation and monitoring of treatment literacy-related initiatives for people living with HIV (PLHIV) in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders
Support the coordination, development, and implementation of HIV and TB treatment literacy-related initiatives for PLHIV and People with TB.
- Coordination of the U=U campaign through facilitation of country dialogues to adopt the U=U campaign
- Lead the launch of the U=U campaign and monitor the roll-out of the campaign wave in the Provinces and Districts
- Co-ordinate the cascading of treatment literacy-related initiatives for PLHIV and people with TB at sub-national levels.
- Develop nuanced communication materials to promote HIV and TB prevention and treatment literacy.
- Facilitate the dissemination of treatment literacy messages through various platforms including mass media.
Convene technical working groups to discuss treatment literacy-related issues to empower PLHIV to take responsibility and ownership of their health using evidence-based strategies and approaches.
Work closely with SANAC M&E Team, other Technical Leads and NDOH to coordinate research and dissemination of research results/outputs to inform decision making and programming.
Oversee the implementation and reporting of the CDC and Global Fund grants within SANAC
- Developing and tracking annual project implementation plans
- Consolidating quarterly reporting and submission of project progress reports
- Coordinating monthly meetings with SANAC Trust and CDC to engage on grant progress
- Coordinating monthly meetings with SANAC Trust and Global Fund PRs and Country Team to engage on grant implementation progress
- Driving the implementation of CDC and Global-funded Treatment project components in consultation with CDC and Global Fund PRs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the program and its goals.
Any other task as delegated to by the Executive Managers
- Representing SANAC Trust at external and internal meetings, conferences, and symposiums, etc.
- Performing any other duties as will be allocated by the Executive Managers.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health / Social Science (including public health, nursing, allied health, social work) or a relevant qualification required. PLHIV is encouraged to apply.
- 5-10 years working within and with the PLHIV in South Africa and/or the region. Individuals living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience in managing HIV care and treatment programs including planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting.
- Technical and programmatic knowledge and experience in TB care and treatment
- Experience in coordinating stakeholders, working with Government departments, Development Partners, Donors, Civil Society Organizations, as well as Private.
- Experience in working with Donor funded projects.
- In depth understanding of the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs (2017-2022).
- Knowledge of the South African public health sector broadly around areas of HIV, STI, and TB prevention, care and treatment.
- Familiarity with government structures and processes and key networks.
- Good interpersonal skills and knowledge of key vulnerabilities faced by PLHIV and People with TB
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to treat stakeholders with respect and professionalism
- Fluency in at least one South African language besides English
- Good planning and organising skills
- Proactive, Team player and Willing to learn
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 1 April 2022 (17:00)
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.