SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Human Resource Business Partner
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration: Temp Contract (6 months)
Advert Date: 13 October 2023
Purpose of the job
Human Resource Business Partner role will include aligning staff to business objectives, recruiting the right talent, enhancing staff performance, supporting employee development, enhancing recruitment efforts, planning strategic HR initiatives, running orientation and onboarding processes for the business. Responsible for overseeing all human resources functions to ensure they are aligned with our strategic and operational goals and provide advice to senior business leaders.
- Ensure excellent proficiency and an innovative attitude, supporting the full scope of HR processes specifically in multicultural environments
- Liaise with line managers to ensure a full understanding of their requirements and preferences regarding the HR policies and implementations
- Challenge and improve people policies/processes/practices to ensure alignment with the Trust HR strategy and new ways of working
- Helps conduct perfect quality Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management implementations with fair and consistent approach.
- Coache the staff and line managers to manage and meet the requirements of Performance Appraisals, Organizational Training and Development, IDPs management , Rewarding and Merit Cycle, Coordinate Succession Planning, Career Discussions.
- Bring innovative and effective solutions to Organizational Design & Development expectations
- Assess, evaluate and develop the right skills in the right places across the business, facilitating strategies to fill gaps where needed.
- Evaluate and build business capability through facilitating talent management, succession and resource planning.
- Champion and implement the people strategy within the operation and ensure business strategies align, challenging as required to drive change.
- Input into the business strategy and organisation design to ensure that structures, roles and responsibilities and enable delivery.
- Help manage Industrial Relations
- Keep track of analytical figures on a monthly basis (Turnover / Absenteeism, etc.)
- Support the employee engagement activities
- Analysis of all HR Metrics in identifying Gaps and seek solutions for Continuous Improvement
- Prepare Monthly Reporting on all HR Metrics for the management meetings
- Support internal communication process in line with corporate needs and values
- Support cost-efficiency measures of the HR team to ensure HR expenses are within budget
- Accountability for HR Data integrity
- Delivery of reporting and insight to support business decision making and future planning
- Produce standard employee reporting for the business / finance on a regular basis or when necessary
- Serves as company representative for CCMA Representation
- Ensure that the Health and Safety standards are maintained to required guidelines
- Support and coordinate Payroll activities
- Ensure all Organisation Policies are applied, and staff are trained and educate all staff continuously
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years’ applicable experience and proven record as a Human Resources Professional across all areas of the HR spectrum essential
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and systems reporting and analysis
- High attention to detail, ability to establish and handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines – critical
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English
- High level of interpersonal skills to build relationships and handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Excellent people management skills
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Excellent relationship-building skills across levels of management
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, cross-cultural environment
- Good knowledge of local employment / labor law
- Ability to work independently
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 23 October 2023, Close of Business at 16:30
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.