SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Position: Human Resources Officer (HRO)
Reporting to: HR Manager
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Advert Date: 1st November 2023
Purpose of the job
The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for providing guidance and facilitating all operational and administrative activities related to SANAC’s personnel. The successful incumbent will provide professional and effective Human Resources support services to the HR Manager enhancing various HR deliverables at SANAC including: recruitment, policy adherence and alignment, staff welfare, employee engagement, performance management, training and development, IR, HR and Payroll administration in Compliance with all relevant Labour Legislation. This role is pivotal in fostering a positive and productive work environment while addressing HR needs across various functional areas at SANAC.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Full Recruitment Cycle: Facilitating end-to-end recruitment cycle. Develop a process to attract, retain and sustain human capital to ensure best person-organisational fit. Advise and ensure recruitment compliance in line with the recruitment policy and alignment with the employment equity plan in place.
- Onboarding: Facilitating the onboarding process, which includes orientation and induction of new employees. Conduct onboarding reviews with all new employees and prepare onboarding feedback, ensure probation reviews are conducted timeously. Assist and guide the line managers with respect to employee onboarding and integration
- Employee Engagement: Supporting the implementation of engagement strategies to enhance employee morale and motivation i.e., employee wellness. Dealing with daily employee queries and requests
- Employee Relations: Assisting with employee relations by responding and solving or escalating employee queries and workplace disputes.
- Payroll Processing and Administration: Ensure new employee engagement paperwork and process is adhered to, load and register of new staff on VIP premier, update monthly payroll changes , handling payroll queries and provision of solutions, Terminations: Ensure that signed resignation letters are submitted in time, Terminate staff from VIP , all assets are submitted to IT and keep copies of the return forms on employees’ personal file
- Benefits: Assisting with employee engagements and consultations in benefits, provident fund, medical aid products and general HR assistance.
- Performance Management: Monitor the implementation of the performance management policy, practices, and systems by ensuring effective compliance and performance management processes. Track compliance and due dates in respect of completion of performance appraisals
- Reporting: Ensuring all monthly reports as requested by the HR Manager are completed timeously and in an effective manner.
- Training, Learning and Development: Identify training needs and assist developing programmes to ensure staff performance levels are maintained consistently by providing training initiatives as and when required
- Employee Relations and Disciplinary: Serve as a link between management and employees as well as helping them resolve conflicts and provide counselling where necessary. Provide trusted advise on the correct application of disciplinary and grievance process. Assist with preparation and coordination of disciplinary hearings in accordance with organizational policy
- Research and ensure HR Policies and Procedures provide guidance and best practice implementation at SANAC
- Support the HR Manager in delivering HR projects and initiatives eg:- WSP/ATR, employment equity etc, maximize SETA funding through monitoring and management of all training and development activities.
- General support to employees and Management in all Human Resources related issues.
- Perform general administration and reporting to ensure smooth running of business operations, legislative compliance, and effective business decision making.
- Ensure continuous support to the Human Resources Manager and departmental objectives.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualification and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations or a related field.
· 4-5 years relevant experience as a seasoned Human Resources personnel implementing the employee life cycle i.e., Recruitment, Performance Management processes and methodologies, employee relations, talent management and development, employee engagement, efficiently running payroll on salary and benefits administration on SAGE VIP Premier/ People 300, HR operations and other HR Information Systems
· Preferably 3 years’ experience in an NGO environment.
· Proficient in MS Office
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Substantial business acumen with clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other Human Resource initiatives and organizational strategy.
- Understanding of South Africa labour law and disciplinary procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills and interfacing with all members of the business
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Well-developed presentation, facilitation, and decision-making skills
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- Sound level of emotional intelligence for self and others
- Self-starter, able to accomplish much with minimal supervision.
- A positive outlook amidst high pressure and complex situations
- People service oriented.
- Service minded, hands on and pro-active
- Dynamism and creativity
- Strong ethics and reliability
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 6th November 2023, Close of Business at 16:30
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.